By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Minneapolis cops speak out about BLM riots 5 years after 3rd Precinct burned: Video
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Minneapolis cops speak out about BLM riots 5 years after 3rd Precinct burned: Video
News

Minneapolis cops speak out about BLM riots 5 years after 3rd Precinct burned: Video

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 29, 2025 2:44 am
By Jim Taft 13 Min Read
Share
Minneapolis cops speak out about BLM riots 5 years after 3rd Precinct burned: Video
SHARE

Wednesday marks the fifth anniversary of when Black Lives Matter rioters and Antifa militants, angry over the death of George Floyd, attacked Minneapolis’ 3rd Police Precinct and the officers defending it. What was different about that day in 2020 is how the vastly outnumbered officers were ordered to evacuate the precinct instead of being reinforced.

The rioters gained new energy at the sight of the retreating officers, many of whom had to run on foot because there were not enough vehicles to transport them out of the area. With the minimal police presence now gone, the mob broke into the police station, looted it, and set the building on fire.

It was a moment that had not been seen in recent U.S. history. The police station in Ferguson, Missouri, during the BLM riots was not evacuated or burned. There is no record of such drastic action taking place at any of the Los Angeles Police Department stations during the 1992 riots.

Three Minneapolis police officers who are still with the department have bravely stepped forward to speak with Blaze News and give their account of what happened that night and what they have seen in the five years since the riots. They agreed to be interviewed anonymously to avoid retaliation from the department or the city.

“That first three days, I mean even afterwards, there was little to no direction from our admin. and/or our command. We were self-deploying or making our own plans to do whatever we could to be effective and try to maintain some sort of semblance of order,” one of the officers recalled.

Watch the officers’ interview here:

The officers who were interviewed said they felt betrayed by the decision to evacuate the 3rd Precinct because they had spent days being attacked by the crowd. In their view, the precinct could have been held if they had been given reinforcements. Mayor Jacob Frey (D) has defended his decision to give the evacuation order because he did not believe holding the building was worth the risk of an officer or a rioter being killed.

“It was extremely frustrating,” another officer said about city leadership’s decisions. “I feel like a lot of people that were on the ground directly with us were making good calls, but it was the people higher up that were making really bad calls, which made [our response] difficult.”

The officer pointed to how leadership did not like the optics of police being on the roof of the 3rd Precinct with 40mm less-than-lethal launchers, which are used on rioters who are attacking officers, so leadership ordered them off the roof. As soon as they were off the roof, the crowd became more violent and got closer to the building, so the officers were ordered back up.

The Minneapolis officers retreating sent a message to rioters across the country that if they had the numbers and were violent enough, they could have a chance to burn police stations. Another such attempt was made on the 5th Precinct. In Seattle, then-Mayor Jenny Durkan (D) ordered her officers to leave the city’s East Precinct after days of rioters attacking officers there.

RELATED: FBI reassigns agents involved in kneeling PR stunt for George Floyd protests


Photo (left): © Ralf-Finn Hestoft/CORBIS/Corbis via Getty Images; Photo (right): ROBYN BECK/AFP via Getty Images

RELATED: DC mayor will remove Black Lives Matter mural and plaza over pressure from White House


Marvin Joseph/The Washington Post via Getty Images

The impact of the lawlessness five years ago is still being felt on the streets. The officers say it is getting increasingly harder to do their jobs effectively, which has led to mass exodus from the Minneapolis Police Department.

“I’ve had friends come up to me or family members come up to me that say, ‘We need more cops like you.’ My response, if I ever hear a comment like that, is always, ‘There are. The department is full of them. Certainly was full of them at that time.’ We lost an unacceptable number of great cops, of great sergeants, lieutenants, leaders,” one officer said.

It remains to be seen whether Minneapolis can fully recover from the devastation.

You can watch the full documentary on BlazeTV.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Cain Velasquez sentenced to 5 years for 2022 shooting

Trump announces ceasefire between Iran and Israel: ‘GOD BLESS THE WORLD!’

Trump makes Saquon Barkley joke after spending day with Eagles star

Stephen A., LeBron BEEF highlights darkness ‘black culture’

March Madness money: How the NCAA makes a billion dollars every year

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Sawmills recycle Hurricane Helene debris, reducing wildfire threat Sawmills recycle Hurricane Helene debris, reducing wildfire threat
Next Article Trump Considers Pardon For Men Caught In FBI-Backed Whitmer Kidnapping Scheme Trump Considers Pardon For Men Caught In FBI-Backed Whitmer Kidnapping Scheme
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Leftist Death Cult Trends ‘Trump Is Dead,’ Donald Debunks It by Going Golfing with Kai
Leftist Death Cult Trends ‘Trump Is Dead,’ Donald Debunks It by Going Golfing with Kai
Politics
FBI probing fake threats in campus swatting spree across multiple states
FBI probing fake threats in campus swatting spree across multiple states
News
AOC Torched for ‘Putting Sprinkles on Sh*t’ After Bragging About Garbage Cans [WATCH]
AOC Torched for ‘Putting Sprinkles on Sh*t’ After Bragging About Garbage Cans [WATCH]
Politics
Lee Strobel’s top supernatural stories to challenge your atheist friends
Lee Strobel’s top supernatural stories to challenge your atheist friends
News
Chicago mayor prohibits city police collaboration with National Guard amid Trump’s threats
Chicago mayor prohibits city police collaboration with National Guard amid Trump’s threats
News
Monterey Car Week 2025: Baby on board
Monterey Car Week 2025: Baby on board
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?