By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Minneapolis Judge Orders Release of Accused ICE Officer Attackers, ICE Agents Intervene [WATCH]
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > Politics > Minneapolis Judge Orders Release of Accused ICE Officer Attackers, ICE Agents Intervene [WATCH]
Politics

Minneapolis Judge Orders Release of Accused ICE Officer Attackers, ICE Agents Intervene [WATCH]

Jim Taft
Last updated: February 5, 2026 8:08 pm
By Jim Taft 5 Min Read
Share
Minneapolis Judge Orders Release of Accused ICE Officer Attackers, ICE Agents Intervene [WATCH]
SHARE

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has re-arrested two Venezuelan nationals accused of assaulting a federal officer during a violent encounter in Minneapolis last month, just hours after a federal judge ordered their release, according to court records cited by the Minnesota Star Tribune.

Alfredo Alejandro Ajorna, 26, and Julio Cesar Sosa-Celis, 24, were released under court-ordered conditions Tuesday after a judge determined they did not present a heightened flight risk.

However, ICE agents re-detained both men almost immediately following the hearing. Court records show the men never left the courthouse before being taken back into custody, as reported by Fox News.

Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.

Attorneys representing the two defendants told the court that ICE detained them “without explanation” shortly after the release order.

That action prompted an emergency habeas corpus petition filed late Tuesday. Minnesota Chief U.S. District Judge Patrick J. Schiltz subsequently barred ICE from removing the men from the state and ordered the federal government to explain its actions by Friday.

“This re-detention is unconstitutional, and they should be immediately released,” attorney Brian Clark wrote in the emergency habeas petition, according to the Tribune.

The charges stem from a Jan. 14 incident in north Minneapolis that began when ICE agents attempted a targeted traffic stop, the Department of Homeland Security said at the time.

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

According to DHS, federal officers were attempting to arrest Sosa-Celis when he fled the scene in a vehicle, crashed into a parked car, and then ran on foot.

DHS said an ICE officer pursued Sosa-Celis and attempted to take him into custody, at which point Sosa-Celis allegedly resisted and violently assaulted the officer.

As the struggle continued on the ground, DHS said two individuals exited a nearby apartment and began striking the officer with a snow shovel and the handle of a broom.

DHS stated that Sosa-Celis then broke free and allegedly struck the officer again.

The officer, fearing for his life, fired a defensive shot that struck Sosa-Celis in the leg.

Despite being wounded, DHS said Sosa-Celis and the other two men retreated into the apartment and barricaded themselves inside.

ICE later arrested all three suspects and took them into custody. Both the officer and Sosa-Celis were hospitalized following the confrontation.

THESE are the illegal aliens animals who ambushed an ICE agent in Minneapolis in a 3-on-1, brutally assaulting him with a shovel, leading to self defense shots fired

ALL from Venezuela: Julio Cesar Sosa-Celis, Alfredo Alejandro Ajorna, and Gabriel Alejandro Hernandez-Ledezma,… pic.twitter.com/miyf5nhjED

— Trumpusa1 (@Trumpusa1A1) January 17, 2026

DHS described the incident as an “attempted murder of federal law enforcement,” stating that an ICE officer was ambushed and struck with a snow shovel and broom handle before firing a defensive shot.

DHS publicly identified three Venezuelan nationals in connection with the incident: Sosa-Celis, Ajorna, and Gabriel Alejandro Hernandez-Ledezma.

However, the Tribune reported that the federal affidavit does not mention Hernandez-Ledezma and that he has not been charged with any federal crime.

The newspaper said Hernandez-Ledezma is being held at a federal detention facility in Texas, though it could not independently verify his role in the incident.

Defense attorneys for Ajorna and Sosa-Celis argued in court that photographic evidence and witness statements raise questions about the timing and circumstances of the shooting.

According to the Tribune, the defense has suggested the shot may have been fired after the suspects had already gone inside a residence.

In a joint statement to Fox News Digital, defense attorneys Frederick J. Goetz and Robin Wolpert disputed the government’s account of the encounter.

“We believe the case involves an unreasonable use of deadly force by a federal agent and a false factual narrative to justify a shooting that should never have happened,” the attorneys said.

“Mr. Aljorna and Mr. Sosa-Celis have faith in the United States justice system and look forward to the opportunity to present their case in federal court.”


The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

CNN: Somalis on Welfare Are No Different Than Poor White Folks in Appalachia

Afghan National Arrested After a Series of Sexual Assaults on Sheep and Goats [WATCH]

Former Michigan Coach Sherrone Moore Pleads No Contest as Home Invasion Case Ends With Two Misdemeanors

Trump Denies Approving $220M For Secretary Noem’s DHS Ad Campaign, Says ‘I Never Knew ⁠Anything About It’ [WATCH]

The Real 2020 Election Story Is Finally Breaking Loose [WATCH]

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article House Report on EU Censorship Has Some Fascist Feathers Flying House Report on EU Censorship Has Some Fascist Feathers Flying
Next Article Trump shifts immigration approach in Minneapolis after demonstrations Trump shifts immigration approach in Minneapolis after demonstrations
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Axios: Iran Agreed to Discuss Surrendering Its Uranium Stocks
Axios: Iran Agreed to Discuss Surrendering Its Uranium Stocks
Politics
AEW Double or Nothing predictions for every match on the card Sunday
AEW Double or Nothing predictions for every match on the card Sunday
News
AOC Draws Fire for Telling Northerners to ‘Pull Up’ on the South While Hiding Behind Bulletproof Glass [WATCH]
AOC Draws Fire for Telling Northerners to ‘Pull Up’ on the South While Hiding Behind Bulletproof Glass [WATCH]
Politics
The Steyer Smear
The Steyer Smear
Politics
Anti-Gun Activist Calls for End to U.S. Firearms Production
Anti-Gun Activist Calls for End to U.S. Firearms Production
News
Charles Barkley gets into hysterical back-and-forth with Knicks star OG Anunoby about his ‘real name’
Charles Barkley gets into hysterical back-and-forth with Knicks star OG Anunoby about his ‘real name’
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?