A student group affiliated with Turning Point USA faced criticism during a February 12 Calvert County Board of Education meeting over a December event held at a Maryland high school, with one local resident stating that Child Protective Services had been notified.
The controversy centered on an event hosted by the Calvert County Club America, a student organization affiliated with TPUSA.
A student who serves as president of the club addressed the board first, responding to allegations that had circulated online following the event.
Here’s What They’re Not Telling You About Your Retirement
The student said his group implemented restrictions after receiving what he described as “hate” online.
He explained that access to the event was limited to students and known volunteers or parents of attendees, and that adults who were not recognized by organizers were restricted from entering. He also stated that all students who attended had parental permission.
“We have been accused of many things. We have been accused of grooming children… an allegation that a random unnamed man was president of our group and had certain felony charges. I’m the president of the group. I’m 17, I’m a minor. I can’t groom children because I am a child. I don’t have any felony charges or convictions,” the student said.
He added that he welcomed discussion about any concerns raised in the community.
This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year
The student clarified that Calvert County Club America is affiliated with Turning Point USA but operates as its own 501(c)(3) organization and is not part of the state’s public school system.
Following his remarks, a local community member identified as Nancy addressed the board and raised objections to the December event.
“While community building opportunities for students are important, this event raises serious concerns related to student safety, parental rights and governance oversight,” Nancy said.
She claimed that parents and legal guardians were not permitted to attend the event.
“Excluding parents and guardians from a student-focused event creates a lack of transparency and undermines established best practices for youth safety,” she continued.
Nancy said that events involving students should be subject to supervision and background checks.
“Students are widely recognized as vulnerable population, they are in critical developmental stages, and especially susceptible to influence,” she added.
She concluded her remarks by stating that a report had been filed with authorities.
“All Board of Education members in this room are mandated reporters under state law, as I am. Based on the circumstances surrounding this event, a report was made to Child Protective Services,” Nancy said.
The dispute comes as Turning Point USA has continued to expand its presence on high school and college campuses nationwide following the assassination of its founder, Charlie Kirk.
Charlie Kirk was killed during an outdoor event on Sept. 10 at Utah Valley University.
The gathering marked the first stop on TPUSA’s planned “American Comeback Tour.” At the time, nothing appeared out of the ordinary as Kirk engaged with attendees.
Kirk had built a national profile through his campus debates, often held under a white tent bearing the slogan “Prove Me Wrong.”
Moments before the fatal shot, he was seated beneath one of those tents, taking open-mic questions from thousands in attendance.
In December, Erika Kirk, Charlie Kirk’s wife, told Fox News’ Shannon Bream that the organization intended to continue its activities on college campuses.
“We are not afraid,” she said, adding that the TPUSA team would continue hosting “Prove Me Wrong”–style debates as part of its outreach.
Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.
Read the full article here


