By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Vatican finally responds to Trump’s invitation for Pope Leo to join Board of Peace
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Vatican finally responds to Trump’s invitation for Pope Leo to join Board of Peace
News

Vatican finally responds to Trump’s invitation for Pope Leo to join Board of Peace

Jim Taft
Last updated: February 18, 2026 11:33 pm
By Jim Taft 13 Min Read
Share
Vatican finally responds to Trump’s invitation for Pope Leo to join Board of Peace
SHARE

The Vatican’s top diplomat says Pope Leo XIV will not be accepting President Donald Trump’s invitation to the Board of Peace intended to broker peace in Gaza.

The initiative already includes leaders from 26 countries, including Argentina, Hungary, Pakistan, Turkey, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. Others have expressed interest in joining.

‘Of course the administration wants all those who were invited to join the Board of Peace to join.’

The president extended an invitation to the pope last month, according to a statement from the Vatican’s top diplomatic official, Cardinal Pietro Parolin.

He said at the time that they were considering the invitation, but on Tuesday Parolin said the pope would not participate in the board.

“One concern is that at the international level it should above all be the [United Nations] that manages these crisis situations. This is one of the points on which we have insisted,” Parolin said.

Parolin previously expressed that the Vatican would not be able to contribute financially, as is required of other states participating in the initiative.

“We are not even in a position to do that,” he said. “However, evidently we find ourselves in a different situation with respect to other countries, so it will be a different consideration, but I think the request will not be to participate financially.”

The White House called the decision “deeply unfortunate” in a media briefing Wednesday.

“I don’t think that peace should be partisan or political or controversial. And of course the administration wants all those who were invited to join the Board of Peace to join,” press secretary Karoline Leavitt said.

“This is a legitimate organization where there are tens of member countries from around the world,” she added.

The board includes the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, and U.S. Special Envoy Steve Witkoff. Trump heads the initiative.

The Board of Peace was established as part of a 20-point proposal developed by the White House that included demilitarizing and rebuilding Gaza. The plan was announced in a media briefing with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Sept. 2025.

RELATED: New York Times writer mocked and ridiculed for regurgitating bizarre NPR claim against Israel in Gaza war

“This is the closest we’ve ever come to real peace,” Trump said. “Not fake peace. Not political fools’ peace.”

“This can be done the easy way, or it can be done the hard way,” Netanyahu said at the time. “But it will be done. We prefer the easy way, but it has to be done.”

“If Hamas rejects the deal, Bibi, you will have our full backing to do what you have to do,” the president responded.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

WNBA players receive warning from Charles Barkley

Schumer: Trump using Kirk tragedy as ‘excuse’ to launch political witch hunt

SHOCKING college campus reactions to Charlie Kirk’s death

Georgia chicken farm reports bird flu outbreak affecting 140,000 birds

‘Mass slaughter’: Trump moves to help Nigerian Christians under attack

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Illegal immigrant accused of shooting Charleston, SC deputy Illegal immigrant accused of shooting Charleston, SC deputy
Next Article Australian News Article Blasting Defense Industry Shows Just How Deep Anti-Gun Animosity Goes Australian News Article Blasting Defense Industry Shows Just How Deep Anti-Gun Animosity Goes
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Third suspect arrested in brutal North Carolina home invasion
Third suspect arrested in brutal North Carolina home invasion
News
Trump Reflects on Jesse Jackson’s Legacy Following Civil Rights Leader’s Death at 84 [WATCH]
Trump Reflects on Jesse Jackson’s Legacy Following Civil Rights Leader’s Death at 84 [WATCH]
Politics
John Cleese Has Been Redpilled on Islam
John Cleese Has Been Redpilled on Islam
Politics
CNN Data Guru Sounds Alarm For Democrats In Upcoming Governors’ Races In 2026
CNN Data Guru Sounds Alarm For Democrats In Upcoming Governors’ Races In 2026
Politics
Why Isn’t the Trump Administration Adamiak Regain Freedom?
Why Isn’t the Trump Administration Adamiak Regain Freedom?
News
Eight skiers dead after deadliest avalanche in California history — one still missing
Eight skiers dead after deadliest avalanche in California history — one still missing
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?