By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: ‘The View’ under investigation for potential violations, says Trump’s FCC chief
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > ‘The View’ under investigation for potential violations, says Trump’s FCC chief
News

‘The View’ under investigation for potential violations, says Trump’s FCC chief

Jim Taft
Last updated: February 19, 2026 8:42 am
By Jim Taft 12 Min Read
Share
‘The View’ under investigation for potential violations, says Trump’s FCC chief
SHARE

The head of the Federal Communications Commission said at a media conference that “The View” is under investigation for possible violations of the equal time rule.

The FCC changed the equal time rule last month to include talk shows like “The View,” which forces them to provide the same coverage to all candidates in a campaign if they spotlight one.

‘The idea is that if you’re a partisan political actor under the case law, then you’re likely not going to qualify under the bona fide news exception.’

The women of “The View” had James Talarico on their show, a Texas state representative who is vying for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate against Rep. Jasmine Crockett (D-Texas). They also had Crockett on the show.

“The FCC has an enforcement action underway on that, and we’re taking a look at it,” Carr said Wednesday. He did not elaborate on how “The View” may have violated the rule.

The admission comes as the FCC is facing criticism from Stephen Colbert after he was told by CBS not to air an interview with Talarico to avoid violating the rule.

Carr went on to explain the change in the rule.

“People can come forward with their own showings and a petition for declarative ruling, but this is something that will be explored as part of the FCC case law,” he added. “The idea is that if you’re a partisan political actor under the case law, then you’re likely not going to qualify under the bona fide news exception.”

Colbert had accused Carr of not applying the rule to right-wing talk radio, and Carr addressed that criticism as well.

“We haven’t seen the same issues on the radio side,” he said. “We’ll take a look at anything that arises at the end of the day.”

RELATED: Stephen Colbert melts down after CBS pulls Dem interview just months before his show ends

Carr went on to criticize the media for running with censorship claims made by Colbert that were contradicted by CBS.

“There was no censorship here at all,” he told reporters.

“I think you guys should feel a bit ashamed for having been lied to and then just run with those lies,” Carr said. “I think it was an embarrassing episode for the media.”

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Charlie Kirk was right: How Islam is destroying the West

Two Swedes convicted of terrorism for grenade attack near Israeli Embassy

NATO worried about dark fleet crews as US seizes Russian tanker

Composer pulls ‘Lincoln’ symphony from Trump Kennedy Center premiere

Federal appeals court allows Texas to enforce law restricting drag shows

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Colbert slams CBS for canning interview, Kimmel hosts Dem fundraiser Colbert slams CBS for canning interview, Kimmel hosts Dem fundraiser
Next Article Pantless Halle Berry Turns Heads While Promoting New Film ‘Crime 101’ Pantless Halle Berry Turns Heads While Promoting New Film ‘Crime 101’
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Eric Trump Absolutely TORCHES Smug Liberal Reporter Trying to Gaslight America on Trump Lawfare [WATCH]
Eric Trump Absolutely TORCHES Smug Liberal Reporter Trying to Gaslight America on Trump Lawfare [WATCH]
Politics
Las Vegas man allegedly let men rape his young daughters in exchange for money and drugs
Las Vegas man allegedly let men rape his young daughters in exchange for money and drugs
News
Lewis University moves classes online after ICE rents office space
Lewis University moves classes online after ICE rents office space
News
Dr. Oz Drops Absolutely Stunning Data About Fraud in Los Angeles [WATCH]
Dr. Oz Drops Absolutely Stunning Data About Fraud in Los Angeles [WATCH]
Politics
Enabling ‘delusion’ continues to cause more innocent deaths
Enabling ‘delusion’ continues to cause more innocent deaths
News
NYC residents queue for free groceries at West Village Polymarket pop-up
NYC residents queue for free groceries at West Village Polymarket pop-up
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?