By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Thug shoves 83-year-old man from behind onto NYC subway tracks in reportedly random attack
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Thug shoves 83-year-old man from behind onto NYC subway tracks in reportedly random attack
News

Thug shoves 83-year-old man from behind onto NYC subway tracks in reportedly random attack

Jim Taft
Last updated: March 10, 2026 6:30 pm
By Jim Taft 12 Min Read
Share
Thug shoves 83-year-old man from behind onto NYC subway tracks in reportedly random attack
SHARE

New York City police said an unidentified individual approached an 83-year-old man from behind on a Manhattan subway platform Sunday morning and shoved the man onto the tracks.

Police said the same individual moments prior also shoved a 30-year-old man onto the tracks.

‘I get panic attacks just thinking about getting on the subway.’

The culprit fled on foot to parts unknown, police said. A WABC-TV video report characterized the attacks as random.

The station Tuesday morning said a person of interest was picked up overnight in Brooklyn, and while his identity was not yet known, charges against him are pending.

The below video report aired prior to the arrest of the person of interest:

RELATED: Transgender attacker menaces man with shoe, then punches him in face on NYC subway platform, leaving victim bloody, cops say

Both victims of the attack were taken to a hospital, the station said, adding that the 30-year-old victim was said to be stable, while the 83-year-old man was in critical condition.

John Rodriguez, the younger victim, told WABC in a previous story that he’s recovering from an injured shoulder and neck as a result of falling onto the tracks after the shove.

Rodriguez, a Queens resident, told the station he was on his way to work when the completely unprovoked attack took place: “I panicked, I started asking for help, not only for me but for the other man that was pushed.”

Rodriguez started recording as a good Samaritan tried to help him, WABC reported, adding that was the moment when police said the elderly victim was shoved.

NYPD officers flooded the subway and boarded trains to search for the suspect, the station said.

Rodriguez added to WABC that he’s not exactly looking forward to riding the trains again: “I get panic attacks just thinking about getting on the subway.”

The NYPD said nine subway shoves have occurred so far in 2026, which is up compared to three this time last year, the station said.

Police said those with information about this incident should call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public also can submit tips by logging on the Crime Stoppers website at https://crimestoppers.nypdonline.org, on X @NYPDTips.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Guthrie Instagram messaging aimed at amateur criminal, former FBI agent says

Surfer bitten, board snapped by shark off Northern California: reports

Bruce Springsteen’s original drummer says the Boss should respect Trump on tour

Where Gun Safety Education in Public Schools Matters

Trump Administration’s Whiplash Approach to the Second Amendment

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article ICE Houston nabs hundreds of child sex offenders during Trump’s first year back ICE Houston nabs hundreds of child sex offenders during Trump’s first year back
Next Article Connecticut Arrest Shatters Tons of Gun Control Myths Connecticut Arrest Shatters Tons of Gun Control Myths
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

President Trump Celebrates Castro Indictment as Major Victory for Cuban Americans [WATCH]
President Trump Celebrates Castro Indictment as Major Victory for Cuban Americans [WATCH]
Politics
Spanberger Signs Order Blocking ICE From Polling Sites, Raising Bigger Questions About Election Integrity [WATCH]
Spanberger Signs Order Blocking ICE From Polling Sites, Raising Bigger Questions About Election Integrity [WATCH]
Politics
Famed Author to Hollywood: Stop Lying About the ‘Blacklist’
Famed Author to Hollywood: Stop Lying About the ‘Blacklist’
Politics
House Finally Takes Stab At Fixing America’s Housing Crisis. But Will It Actually Do Anything?
House Finally Takes Stab At Fixing America’s Housing Crisis. But Will It Actually Do Anything?
Politics
It’s high time to unlock Americans’ phones
It’s high time to unlock Americans’ phones
News
NFL news: Joe Burrow says Bengals have most talented roster since he arrived
NFL news: Joe Burrow says Bengals have most talented roster since he arrived
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?