By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: US Official Denies Iran’s Claim That Oil Sanctions Are Being Lifted
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > Politics > US Official Denies Iran’s Claim That Oil Sanctions Are Being Lifted
Politics

US Official Denies Iran’s Claim That Oil Sanctions Are Being Lifted

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 19, 2026 4:37 pm
By Jim Taft 3 Min Read
Share
US Official Denies Iran’s Claim That Oil Sanctions Are Being Lifted
SHARE

The White House is not lifting its sanctions on Iran oil contrary to multiple reports, a U.S. official told the Daily Caller.

CNBC News reported Monday that Iranian sources indicated the United States agreed to lift its sanctions on Iran oil exports. Iranian government-affiliated Tasnim News Agency reported the same from a source close to the Iranian negotiating team.

“This is false,” the U.S. official clarified to the Caller.

The Iranian government has consistently demanded that the U.S. lift its oil sanctions, controlled by the Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as part of their war-time negotiations with the White House. (RELATED: Iran, US Peace Talks Still Stuck In Mud, Trump Says)

Iran reportedly submitted a revised document for negotiations on Monday to the White House after previous failed attempts to reach an agreement. President Donald Trump described the proposal as a “piece of garbage,” according to Fox News.

The president called off plans for a scheduled attack on Iran on Monday at the request of Persian Gulf allies, saying that “serious negotiations are now taking place.”

“Serious negotiations are now taking place, and that, in their opinion, as Great Leaders and Allies, a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond… we will NOT be doing the scheduled… pic.twitter.com/cxBBaNUB6E

— The White House (@WhiteHouse) May 18, 2026

Trump imposed heavy sanctions on Iran in February 2025 in an effort to eliminate the country’s chances of obtaining a nuclear weapon. National Security Presidential Memorandum 2 initiated a “robust and continual campaign” to “drive Iran’s export of oil to zero.” (RELATED: Americans May Be Stuck Paying Wartime Gas Prices Long After Iran Deal)

Since then, the Trump administration has enforced hundreds of additional sanctions on Iranian oil. OFAC announced its escalation of Operation Economic Fury on May 11, targeting 12 individuals and organizations for their involvement in shipping Iranian oil to China and increasing pressure on Iranian cover companies.

According to the Treasury’s press release, the U.S. blockade on Iran oil has “disrupted billions in projected oil revenue” and is “directly targeting the [Iranian] regime’s primary revenue stream.”

The U.S.-Iran blockade of the Strait of Hormuz has choked off around 20 percent of the world’s crude oil supply and caused major disruptions to the American economy. The national average gas price stands at $4.533 as of publication, according to the American Automobile Association.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Trump’s Surgeon General Pick Dr. Nicole Saphier Caught Deleting Tweets Critical Of Admin, RFK Jr.

This Past Year Was Pretty Great. Here’s a Wish List for 2026.

Texas Democrat Who Said Non-Whites Should ‘Take Over This Country’ Facing Widespread Backlash

She Deserved To Fail, But Not For Reasons Trans Instructor Thinks

Border Patrol’s Greg Bovino Absolutely Eats This Reporter’s Lunch [WATCH]

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Judge Rules Gun, Notebook Found in Mangione’s Backpack Admissible As Evidence Judge Rules Gun, Notebook Found in Mangione’s Backpack Admissible As Evidence
Next Article Hmmm: Key MN Fraud Figure Claims Omar Took Part in 0M Scam Hmmm: Key MN Fraud Figure Claims Omar Took Part in $250M Scam
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Nazi-linked Maine Democrat Graham Platner sexualizes — porta-potties?
Nazi-linked Maine Democrat Graham Platner sexualizes — porta-potties?
News
Jeff Foxworthy stand-up special ‘The Joke’s On Me’ premieres June 1
Jeff Foxworthy stand-up special ‘The Joke’s On Me’ premieres June 1
News
Pritzker Torches Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson For ‘No Plan’ To Keep Bears In The City [WATCH]
Pritzker Torches Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson For ‘No Plan’ To Keep Bears In The City [WATCH]
Politics
Katy Tur Seems Deeply Confused
Katy Tur Seems Deeply Confused
Politics
US Official Denies Iran’s Claim That Oil Sanctions Are Being Lifted
Senators Push Crackdown On AI Chatbots Amid Fears Big Tech Is Putting Kids At Risk
Politics
‘Everything on the internet is fake’: Social media marketers reveal that most online trends are fabricated
‘Everything on the internet is fake’: Social media marketers reveal that most online trends are fabricated
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?