By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Trump defends Chinese students in US colleges — and conservatives are confused
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Trump defends Chinese students in US colleges — and conservatives are confused
News

Trump defends Chinese students in US colleges — and conservatives are confused

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 22, 2026 5:28 am
By Jim Taft 12 Min Read
Share
Trump defends Chinese students in US colleges — and conservatives are confused
SHARE

President Donald Trump surprised many of his own supporters during a recent interview with Sean Hannity when he defended the presence of Chinese students at American universities — arguing that removing them would devastate higher education in the United States.

“I could tell them I don’t want any students. It’s a very insulting thing to say to a country. They would then immediately go out and start building universities all over China,” Trump told Hannity.

“If you want to see a university system die, take a half a million people out of it,” he added.

BlazeTV host Pat Gray and executive producer Keith Malinak are among those supporters confused.

“We’re completely dependent on Chinese students,” Gray says in disbelief. “American universities would collapse without Chinese students. Come on.”

“What are you, Joe Biden? That’s something he would say. Or Barack Obama, not Donald Trump,” he adds.

“And so far,” executive producer Keith Malinak chimes in, “as the president is making his case, the two main points that he has offered to us is that it’s highly insulting and the schools might go bankrupt.”

“I’m not seeing the bigger picture here that the president is, clearly,” he adds.

“Clearly not true, for one thing,” Gray says.

“American universities will not collapse without 500,000 Chinese in them. That’s nonsense,” he continues. “This is a fairly new phenomenon to begin with. And secondly, 500,000 split between, what is it, 15,000 universities? How many do we have in the country? It’s not that many; you’re not going to lose that many students.”

Trump went on to claim that while the “top schools will do fine” without the influx of Chinese students, the “lower schools” would not be fine.

“I think it’s just the opposite of that,” Gray says. “It’s more like the Harvards and the Princetons that are going to do worse because how many Asian students are at those schools? They probably have the highest percentage.”

“They’re cutting back on their Asian students because they’ve got too many,” he adds.

Want more from Pat Gray?

To enjoy more of Pat’s biting analysis and signature wit as he restores common sense to a senseless world, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Trump-aligned legal group urges CFPB to scrap demographic reporting mandate

Democrat stunned to find criminal past of teen who allegedly carjacked her: ‘Shocked me to my core’

Kim Jong Un watches North Korea weapons test with teenage daughter

Brown U. suspected shooter’s DNA gathered; images, video of person of interest match eyewitness descriptions: Police

Amazon Big Spring Sale deals: Fox News reader favorites under $25

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Rubio orders arrest of Cuban national with alleged ties to Havana regime Rubio orders arrest of Cuban national with alleged ties to Havana regime
Next Article EXCLUSIVE: NY Democrat Backed Expunging Records Of Violent Felons — Now His District Living With Fallout EXCLUSIVE: NY Democrat Backed Expunging Records Of Violent Felons — Now His District Living With Fallout
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Top scammer of ‘Feeding Our Future’ fraud in Minnesota NAILED with painful sentence
Top scammer of ‘Feeding Our Future’ fraud in Minnesota NAILED with painful sentence
News
Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he’ll return to Congress in weeks after absence
Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he’ll return to Congress in weeks after absence
News
Nithya Raman Was Today Years Old When She Learned About the LA Fires and Pathetic City Response
Nithya Raman Was Today Years Old When She Learned About the LA Fires and Pathetic City Response
Politics
EXCLUSIVE: NY Democrat Backed Expunging Records Of Violent Felons — Now His District Living With Fallout
EXCLUSIVE: NY Democrat Backed Expunging Records Of Violent Felons — Now His District Living With Fallout
Politics
Rubio orders arrest of Cuban national with alleged ties to Havana regime
Rubio orders arrest of Cuban national with alleged ties to Havana regime
News
NEW: DNC Autopsy ‘Paints Dismal Picture’ While Burying the Biden Cover-Up and Harris’ Incompetence
NEW: DNC Autopsy ‘Paints Dismal Picture’ While Burying the Biden Cover-Up and Harris’ Incompetence
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?