By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: DYSTOPIA NOW? UK will scan ‘all content’ on users’ phones without face scan or uploaded ID
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > DYSTOPIA NOW? UK will scan ‘all content’ on users’ phones without face scan or uploaded ID
News

DYSTOPIA NOW? UK will scan ‘all content’ on users’ phones without face scan or uploaded ID

Jim Taft
Last updated: June 17, 2026 4:19 pm
By Jim Taft 16 Min Read
Share
DYSTOPIA NOW? UK will scan ‘all content’ on users’ phones without face scan or uploaded ID
SHARE

Messaging application company Signal is calling out the United Kingdom over its plans to implement age verification that the government says will “protect” children.

As part of a new policy that would ban social media for those in the U.K. under 16 years old, the government has also announced plans to force companies to infiltrate the phone libraries of every youngster — and soon every person within its jurisdiction who fails to upload ID.

‘Children deserve to be safe, protected, and nurtured. They do not deserve surveillance.’

Such is the shocking scope and speed of the latest amendment to the country’s Online Safety Act. Just last week, embattled and unpopular Prime Minister Keir Starmer announced content detection and blocking would only be turned by age verification check, a process that in practice requires universal ID submission and/or face scanning in order to use your phone in an ordinary fashion.

An official government website details that the sitting Labour Party plans to force “Big Tech companies like Apple and Google” to activate built-in features or implement technical solutions to “detect and block nude images for children.”

This must take effect within the next three months for smartphones and tablets, Prime Minister Keir Starmer said.

To implement these changes — which the government said would “prevent predators” from exploiting victims — anyone refusing to submit to the ID system would be unable to “take, share, or view nude content.”

Civil rights advocates and privacy-forward apps responded with outrage, warning that the measures would begin a rapid process of total national registry and surveillance.

Representatives from the Signal app responded by threatening to withdraw entirely from the U.K. market unless major changes are made.

“Children deserve to be safe, protected, and nurtured. They do not deserve surveillance,” Signal said in a press release.

“The U.K. government’s demand that all content on all devices sold or used in the UK be scanned on the presumption of nudity, using a dystopian combination of age verification and content scanning, will not safeguard children. It endangers us all,” they added.

RELATED: Livid judge cancels trial and busts lawyers for faking briefs with AI — on both sides

After describing the U.K. government’s demand as a dystopian phone scanning operation, the company then warned such policies would lead to the government wielding its powers as a method of censorship and surveillance under the guise of what officials might consider to be “threats” or “harmful content.”

“Wherever it runs, including the ‘camera’ itself once it is in place on U.K. devices — its scope will be defined by the whims and proscriptions of the government to detect nudity today and political speech tomorrow,” Signal warned.

Of course, social media companies came at the policy change from a different angle, saying that pushing teens off their platforms would only lead to less safety.

RELATED: The backlash against AI reveals it’s a terrible scapegoat

Thomas Trutschel/Photothek/Getty Images

“Blanket bans push kids out of such curated, supervised, beneficial experiences and towards anonymous, less safe services,” a YouTube spokesperson told CNBC.

A Meta spokesperson told the outlet that bans risk isolating teenagers from online communities and information, which would send them to unregulated alternatives.

Other restrictions in the U.K. include blocking livestream and communication with strangers for those under 16 and a consideration for online curfews overnight.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Travis Kelce’s HOF trainer hints 2026 NFL season could be his last

Inter-American Court of Human Rights Issues Gun Trafficking ‘Advisory’

Trump signs executive order directing FDA to review psychedelics, cites veterans

New Jersey governor boosts illegal alien defense fund by $12 million

Undrafted Diego Pavia gets Baltimore Ravens rookie minicamp tryout: reports

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Gilgo Beach killer Rex Heuermann sentenced for seven NY murders Gilgo Beach killer Rex Heuermann sentenced for seven NY murders
Next Article Here We Go Again: Another HOA Institutes Carry Ban in Common Areas Here We Go Again: Another HOA Institutes Carry Ban in Common Areas
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Kamala Harris and James Talarico Progressive Summit Collapses Into a Spectacular Empty Room Fiasco [WATCH]
Kamala Harris and James Talarico Progressive Summit Collapses Into a Spectacular Empty Room Fiasco [WATCH]
Politics
Michigan Sheriff Drops Bombshell on Alleged Noncitizen Voter Registration Scandal [WATCH]
Michigan Sheriff Drops Bombshell on Alleged Noncitizen Voter Registration Scandal [WATCH]
Politics
Too Fun to File: MN Sues Texas. Abbott Offers Deal.
Too Fun to File: MN Sues Texas. Abbott Offers Deal.
Politics
Federal Judge Rejects Attempt to End DOJ Lawsuit Against Virgin Islands
Federal Judge Rejects Attempt to End DOJ Lawsuit Against Virgin Islands
News
Bruce Campbell knows why we are leaving Hollywood for good
Bruce Campbell knows why we are leaving Hollywood for good
News
House Oversight accuses Becerra of hiding Fauci’s COVID diary and phone
House Oversight accuses Becerra of hiding Fauci’s COVID diary and phone
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?