By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: ‘Alarming violence’ leads community to cancel Fourth of July celebration ahead of America’s 250th anniversary
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > ‘Alarming violence’ leads community to cancel Fourth of July celebration ahead of America’s 250th anniversary
News

‘Alarming violence’ leads community to cancel Fourth of July celebration ahead of America’s 250th anniversary

Jim Taft
Last updated: June 21, 2026 2:53 pm
By Jim Taft 15 Min Read
Share
‘Alarming violence’ leads community to cancel Fourth of July celebration ahead of America’s 250th anniversary
SHARE

Citing “alarming violence,” a New Jersey community has decided to cancel its Fourth of July celebration ahead of America’s 250th anniversary, KYW-TV reported.

The township of Mount Holly and its police department released a joint announcement earlier this week about the cancellation, the station said.

‘We understand the disappointment this decision may cause.’

“We regret to announce the cancellation of the 2026 Mount Holly Township Independence Day Celebration,” the announcement said, according to KYW. “This decision was not made lightly — over the past few months, we have been meticulously monitoring local and regional events throughout New Jersey, assessing which events have been canceled due to alarming violence, as well as those communities that have continued their events with significantly increased security measures and protocol put into place.”

Mount Holly is about 45 minutes east of Philadelphia.

KYW said the announcement indicated the township couldn’t create an “actionable solution in such a short period of time to alleviate our security concerns without incurring additional, significant costs to the township and our residents.”

“We understand the disappointment this decision may cause and extend our heartfelt thanks and gratitude to all who have supported this event over the years,” the announcement also said, according to the station.

While Mount Holly didn’t get into specifics regarding the “alarming violence” the announcement cites, KYW reported that numerous carnivals recently have been canceled. In May, the Roebling Carnival in Florence Township was canceled after the first night when crowds became unruly, the station said, adding that a police officer was injured amid numerous fights. Florence is about 20 minutes north of Mount Holly.

WTXF-TV noted that several recent area events have been “impacted by violence, including large fights involving teenagers.”

RELATED: Fights erupt, deputies hurt after more than 1,000 teens descend upon Florida amusement park in planned ‘takeover’

Indeed, a rash of “teen takeovers” have plagued various communities around the country over the last several months:

  • With one culprit claiming that “we was bored!” hundreds of teens rampaged a Bronx mall and even fought with police in a planned “takeover” on Presidents’ Day in February.
  • A violent Florida teen takeover in May led to the arrests of 22 suspects as young as 12, officials said, adding that it resulted in “significant disruptions, fights, and other issues in the park.”
  • A teen brawl in a Washington, D.C., Chipotle restaurant last month saw combatants using chairs as weapons — and occurred just one day after U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Jeanine Pirro announced she would prosecute parents of youths taking part in teen takeovers.
  • In contrast, Chicago aldermen this week rejected a proposed ordinance that would have held parents of teen takeover participants financially accountable for their children’s actions.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

UConn’s Final Four run could cost Jordan’s Furniture $50M, owner says

Which head coach’s seat is hotter heading into 2026 season: Shane Beamer or Mike Norvell?

Arizona FFL Charged With Terrorism Offenses for Allegedly Aiding Drug Cartels

Coast Guard suspends search for 3 missing after Alcatraz boat capsize

Glenn Beck EXPOSES the economic stats used to destroy your hope

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Politicians using Knicks and Dodgers logos in campaigns is un-American Politicians using Knicks and Dodgers logos in campaigns is un-American
Next Article EXCLUSIVE: VP Vance Makes Podcast Debut On Wife’s ‘Storytime With the Second Lady’ For Father’s Day EXCLUSIVE: VP Vance Makes Podcast Debut On Wife’s ‘Storytime With the Second Lady’ For Father’s Day
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

JD Vance Delights Ohio Crowd by Serving Beers and Chili Dogs [WATCH]
JD Vance Delights Ohio Crowd by Serving Beers and Chili Dogs [WATCH]
Politics
Pro-Reagan ‘Brink of War’ Can’t Draw a Crowd
Pro-Reagan ‘Brink of War’ Can’t Draw a Crowd
Politics
‘Cookie stuffing’: Did Bill Gates’ daughter use an illegal trick that sent top tech execs to prison?
‘Cookie stuffing’: Did Bill Gates’ daughter use an illegal trick that sent top tech execs to prison?
News
Diamondbacks star spotted at casino during team’s game after no-showing to stadium earlier in the week
Diamondbacks star spotted at casino during team’s game after no-showing to stadium earlier in the week
News
DeSantis Signs Sweeping Law Mandating Anti Communist Lessons Across Florida Schools [WATCH]
DeSantis Signs Sweeping Law Mandating Anti Communist Lessons Across Florida Schools [WATCH]
Politics
Supreme Court Clears White House Ballroom Construction Despite Last Minute Court Roadblock [WATCH]
Supreme Court Clears White House Ballroom Construction Despite Last Minute Court Roadblock [WATCH]
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?