By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Cover up or ‘leave’? Mother and daughter say they were confronted at WNBA game over pro-women shirts
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Cover up or ‘leave’? Mother and daughter say they were confronted at WNBA game over pro-women shirts
News

Cover up or ‘leave’? Mother and daughter say they were confronted at WNBA game over pro-women shirts

Jim Taft
Last updated: August 18, 2026 7:42 am
By Jim Taft 16 Min Read
Share
Cover up or ‘leave’? Mother and daughter say they were confronted at WNBA game over pro-women shirts
SHARE

Another WNBA game is in the spotlight for the wrong reasons over an issue that just won’t go away.

The Atlanta Dream hosted the Indiana Fever on Sunday, with the cloud of inclusiveness and trans-identifying athletes in the league still following the WNBA around. The Fever beat the Dream 95-91 in overtime.

‘I didn’t make signs. I wanted to make signs, but I didn’t.’

Fever star Sophie Cunningham has been instrumental in bringing to light the conversation of women needing their own sports, but now the focus has shifted to the league as a whole.

WNBA personnel met to discuss league eligibility rules last week, but still made no definitive rule changes about restricting men from their league.

For the second time in a few weeks, women showing their support for Cunningham caused a stir at a WNBA game. This time it was at the Gateway Center Arena in Atlanta, where a mother and daughter say they were told to cover up their pro-women shirts or leave.

Georgia mother Casey and her daughter Annie said arena security approached them at their floor seats over the shirts, which read “XX XY athletics.” The daughter’s shirt also read “for the girls” on the back.

The ladies claimed that during overtime, a security member told them their shirts were “offensive” before asking them to put on a “Wellness Night” Atlanta Dream shirt instead. If not, they would be removed from the arena.

RELATED: WNBA team co-owner FINED and SUSPENDED for cursing out teen fans of Sophie Cunningham at Seattle game

The women obliged and wore the alternate shirts, as they wanted to see the end of the game.

“We did nothing. We were just sitting there. I didn’t make signs. I wanted to make signs, but I didn’t. I did nothing,” the mother told reporter Adam Francisco after the game. The women said they were in the third row of their section, in seats they estimated cost roughly $1,000 each.

Francisco, who also attended the game, told the women, “I did notice during the game on the Jumbotron, they put up a woman wearing a shirt that said ‘protect trans rights’ or something.”

A fan wearing a shirt that said, “Trans kids belong in sports,” was seen on the broadcast for the same game, though it is unclear if it is the same person Francisco referred to.

“She was the one that told on us,” the mother and daughter claimed. “She was made to zip up her jacket.”

The women said the person with opposing views should not have been silenced either.

RELATED: ‘She didn’t wait until it was easy’: Victim of brutal injury from male athlete praises Sophie Cunningham

Rich von Biberstein/Icon Sportswire/Getty Images

When asked why they wore their shirts, the mother and daughter stated, “To support Sophie Cunningham and to support women and women’s sports because it’s just common sense.”

This wasn’t the first time the XX-XY apparel caused problems at a WNBA game. In late July, Seattle Storm co-owner Celeste Keaton confronted a pair of teen girls over their clothing, as well.

Due to allegedly cussing at the young women, Keaton was suspended for five games and assessed a fine.

Majority owner Ginny Gilder apologized for the incident and said the team remained committed to “creating an inclusive environment.”

The WNBA did not respond to Blaze News’ request for comment.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Shocking relics, solid history: Evidence for Christ’s resurrection keeps mounting

Student Injured in Antioch Shooting Sues AI Detection Company

Israel launches preemptive strike against Iran, defense minister says

Blue Jays stars sat in wrong seats at NHL game, asked to move in viral moment

MLB says warning Christian players was a mistake — but confirms 2 teams are allowed to push Pride propaganda

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Appeals court rules Trump admin unlawfully tapped as Nevada top prosecutor Appeals court rules Trump admin unlawfully tapped as Nevada top prosecutor
Next Article Michigan’s Election Boss Can’t Follow Election Law? Benson’s Ballot Eligibility in Shambles [WATCH] Michigan’s Election Boss Can’t Follow Election Law? Benson’s Ballot Eligibility in Shambles [WATCH]
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

The “Blocked Investigation” Narrative Just Got Exposed [WATCH]
The “Blocked Investigation” Narrative Just Got Exposed [WATCH]
Politics
Outrageous Idaho Café Owner Boots Pro Life Conservatives and Compares Them to KKK [WATCH]
Outrageous Idaho Café Owner Boots Pro Life Conservatives and Compares Them to KKK [WATCH]
Politics
El-Sayed aide says Rogers ad with vintage truck and US flags is like a ‘KKK cross burning’
El-Sayed aide says Rogers ad with vintage truck and US flags is like a ‘KKK cross burning’
News
 minimum wage could eliminate five million US jobs, economists warn
$25 minimum wage could eliminate five million US jobs, economists warn
News
Minnesota Outstanding Refugee Honoree Accused in Massive Fraud Scheme Tied to Sex Trafficking [WATCH]
Minnesota Outstanding Refugee Honoree Accused in Massive Fraud Scheme Tied to Sex Trafficking [WATCH]
Politics
Bessent Assassination Plotter Sent to Prison as Trans Violence Pattern Becomes Impossible to Ignore [WATCH]
Bessent Assassination Plotter Sent to Prison as Trans Violence Pattern Becomes Impossible to Ignore [WATCH]
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?