By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: DOE announces termination of Maine’s federal funding
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > DOE announces termination of Maine’s federal funding
News

DOE announces termination of Maine’s federal funding

Jim Taft
Last updated: April 18, 2025 11:06 am
By Jim Taft 10 Min Read
Share
DOE announces termination of Maine’s federal funding
SHARE

The Department of Education announced its consequences for Maine after the state failed to meet its deadline for Title IX compliance on Friday.

With a “final warning” letter to Maine in early April, the ED has followed through with its April 11 deadline and will now seek enforcement by handing over its Title IX investigation of the Maine Department of Education to the Department of Justice

The federal government announced in a press release that it would proceed with the termination of Maine’s federal K-12 education funding, “including formula and discretionary grants.”

‘… choosing instead to prioritize an extremist ideological agenda over their students’ safety.’

The University of Maine System had already said it would comply with the new federal standards due to the risk of losing millions in grants from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. However, the state as a whole has rejected the implementation of President Trump’s executive order to keep men out of women’s sports and locker rooms.

“The Department [of Education] has given Maine every opportunity to come into compliance with Title IX, but the state’s leaders have stubbornly refused to do so, choosing instead to prioritize an extremist ideological agenda over their students’ safety, privacy, and dignity,” said Craig Trainor, the department’s acting assistant secretary for civil rights.

Trainor said that Maine will now have to defend its discriminatory practices in front of a judge from both the ED and the DOJ.

“Governor [Janet] Mills would have done well to adhere to the wisdom embedded in the old idiom—be careful what you wish for. Now she will see the Trump Administration in court,” Trainor added.

The attorney general of Maine filed a lawsuit against the ED last week and claimed there were violations in the department’s process to cut funding.

“Under the banner of keeping children safe, the Trump Administration is illegally withholding grant funds that go to keeping children fed,” said Aaron Frey, Maine’s attorney general. “This is just another example where no law or consequence appears to restrain the administration as it seeks capitulation to its lawlessness.”

The state accused the federal department of not conducting an investigation of its own, not notifying the state, and not reporting its findings to Congress.

Maine also claimed that it had “no way to get funds” to schools and other facilities to feed children.

Maine has, in recent history, supported male athletes in female sports. This has resulted in instances of a male athlete taking first place in a girls’ pole vault competition and taking a podium spot in girls’ high school Nordic skiing at the state championships.

The Maine Principals’ Association backed both outcomes and said it would not follow the president’s executive order.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Sec Sean Duffy speaks on plans to streamline air industry despite shortages, safety concerns

Hegseth’s team in turmoil: Leak scandal or ideological clash?

Private equity is gutting American business for profit

Texas company creates anti-shooter drone system for school protection

Georgia Senate advances pair of bills to ban gender-transitioning treatment for minors, inmates

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Can this ,000 robot transform AI research? Can this $70,000 robot transform AI research?
Next Article Tom Cruise Got Mocked For Calling Out Big Pharma in 2005—Now the Data’s Catching Up [WATCH] Tom Cruise Got Mocked For Calling Out Big Pharma in 2005—Now the Data’s Catching Up [WATCH]
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

VIRAL video: Evangelical claims Jesus took her to hell and showed her the fiery holding cell of Biggie Smalls
VIRAL video: Evangelical claims Jesus took her to hell and showed her the fiery holding cell of Biggie Smalls
News
Science explains why selective hearing actually happens in your brain
Science explains why selective hearing actually happens in your brain
News
Joe Biden’s ‘Green New Scam’ Suffers $679M Blow, California Hit Hardest [WATCH]
Joe Biden’s ‘Green New Scam’ Suffers $679M Blow, California Hit Hardest [WATCH]
Politics
What happens when America kills its Christian soul
What happens when America kills its Christian soul
News
Why I rejected Yale University admission for a small Bible college instead
Why I rejected Yale University admission for a small Bible college instead
News
Letitia James Reportedly Caught Harboring Fugitive in Her ‘Primary Residence’
Letitia James Reportedly Caught Harboring Fugitive in Her ‘Primary Residence’
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?