By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Israel approves Gaza City occupation plan after emergency cabinet meeting
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Israel approves Gaza City occupation plan after emergency cabinet meeting
News

Israel approves Gaza City occupation plan after emergency cabinet meeting

Jim Taft
Last updated: August 8, 2025 5:41 am
By Jim Taft 4 Min Read
Share
Israel approves Gaza City occupation plan after emergency cabinet meeting
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Israel’s security cabinet early Friday approved a plan to occupy Gaza City, marking an escalation in Israel’s ongoing war against Hamas.

The announcement comes after an all-night meeting of the security cabinet, following Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s announcement that Israel planned to retake control over the entire territory and eventually hand it off to friendly Arab forces opposed to Hamas. 

“The Security Cabinet has approved the Prime Minister’s proposal for defeating Hamas. The IDF will prepare for taking control of Gaza City while distributing humanitarian assistance to the civilian population outside the combat zones,” read a post from the official X account of the Prime Minister of Israel. 

The office said the Security Cabinet had adopted, by vote, five principles for concluding the war which include: the disarming of Hamas, the return of all hostages – living and deceased, the demilitarization of the Gaza Strip, Israeli security control in the Gaza Strip, and the establishment of an alternative civil administration that is neither Hamas nor the Palestinian Authority. 

AP ROASTED OVER ‘JAW-DROPPING’ STORY ABOUT HEZBOLLAH TERRORISTS’ ‘STRUGGLE TO RECOVER’ FROM PAGER ATTACK

“A decisive majority of Security Cabinet ministers believed that the alternative plan that had been submitted to the Security Cabinet would neither achieve the defeat of Hamas nor the return of the hostages,” the prime minister’s office said. 

Israel has bombarded Gaza City repeatedly since Oct. 7, 2023 massacre in addition to carrying out numerous raids. Today, it is one of the few areas of Gaza that hasn’t been turned into an Israeli buffer zone or placed under evacuation orders.

FROM HOMEROOM TO HATE: HOW JEWISH STUDENTS ARE FACING A NEW KIND OF PRESSURE IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS

Hundreds of thousands have fled Gaza City since the start of the war, but many returned during a ceasefire earlier this year. 

Asked in an interview with Fox News ahead of the Security Cabinet meeting if Israel would “take control of all of Gaza,” Netanyahu replied: “We intend to, in order to assure our security, remove Hamas there, enable the population to be free of Gaza.”

Gaza destroyed after bombardment

“We don’t want to keep it. We want to have a security perimeter,” Netanyahu said in the interview. “We want to hand it over to Arab forces that will govern it properly without threatening us and giving Gazans a good life.”

The prospect of a full military occupation of Gaza comes 20 years after Israel’s full disengagement from the enclave when, as part of the country’s unilateral disengagement, the government forcibly removed around 8,600 Jewish residents from the area. Shortly after, Hamas won the Palestinian legislative elections and staged a violent coup to overthrow the Palestinian Authority and seize control of the Gaza Strip. 

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu threatens legal action against The New York Times, accusing the paper of defamation over its Gaza coverage.

Hamas-led militants abducted 251 people and killed around 1,200 in the Oct. 7, 2023 massacre that triggered the war. Since then, more than 60,000 Palestinians have been killed in Israel’s retaliatory offensive according to Gaza’s Hamas-run Health Ministry which does not distinguish between civilians and combatants. 

Most of the hostages have been released in ceasefire deals but 50 remain inside Gaza. The Israeli government believes around 20 of them are still alive. 

Fox News’ Amelie Botbol and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

NCAA Women’s Tournament 2025 highlights: South Carolina on upset alert

Cracker Barrel ditches Americana as customers call for boycott over iconic brand change

Minnesota Judge Strikes Down State’s Binary Trigger Ban

High school teacher’s license suspended over inappropriate notes in students’ yearbooks and devil costume in class

Indiana Court Says Second Amendment Doesn’t Include Machine Guns

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article How Deep Were Clinton’s Connections to Epstein’s Private Island Network? [WATCH] How Deep Were Clinton’s Connections to Epstein’s Private Island Network? [WATCH]
Next Article Hunter Biden rejects Epstein suicide; evidence of foul play Hunter Biden rejects Epstein suicide; evidence of foul play
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Webley .22 Target Model Mk IV Revolver
Webley .22 Target Model Mk IV Revolver
Guns
RFK Jr Demands Probe Into SSRIs in Wake of Transgender Catholic School Shooting
RFK Jr Demands Probe Into SSRIs in Wake of Transgender Catholic School Shooting
Politics
Hmmm: Trans Mass Shooter’s Mom Lawyers Up, Ghosts PD and FBI
Hmmm: Trans Mass Shooter’s Mom Lawyers Up, Ghosts PD and FBI
Politics
Paxton Sues San Antonio Bar After It Refused Entry to Off-Duty Officer
Paxton Sues San Antonio Bar After It Refused Entry to Off-Duty Officer
News
Trump takes action after Biden quietly extended Harris’ Secret Service protection
Trump takes action after Biden quietly extended Harris’ Secret Service protection
News
Newly engaged Travis Kelce, Taylor Swift attend college football game
Newly engaged Travis Kelce, Taylor Swift attend college football game
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?