By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Oscars 2025: Harrison Ford bows out of ceremony over shingles diagnosis
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Oscars 2025: Harrison Ford bows out of ceremony over shingles diagnosis
News

Oscars 2025: Harrison Ford bows out of ceremony over shingles diagnosis

Jim Taft
Last updated: March 2, 2025 5:24 am
By Jim Taft 3 Min Read
Share
Oscars 2025: Harrison Ford bows out of ceremony over shingles diagnosis
SHARE

Harrison Ford will no longer be presenting at the Academy Awards this Sunday after he was diagnosed with shingles, according to several reports. 

The 82-year-old actor is doing well and resting following the diagnosis on Friday, Entertainment Weekly reported. 

Shingles is a painful rash illness that happens when the virus that causes chickenpox reactivates in a person’s body after they’ve had chickenpox, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 

About one in three Americans will get shingles in their lifetime, and it can sometimes lead to complications like long-term nerve pain or even vision loss.

HARRISON FORD DISMISSES AI’S POWER TO ‘STEAL MY SOUL’

The best way to protect against the disease is a vaccination, the CDC says. It’s unclear if Ford had been vaccinated against it. 

Ford had a viral moment at the Screen Actors Guild Awards last weekend when he was seen eating a cracker while sitting at a table with his “Shrinking” costars. 

2025 OSCARS: BIG NOMINATIONS, SNUBS, PERFORMERS AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE AWARD SHOW

The audience began laughing as his co-star Jessica Williams was speaking live on camera about her career in the “I am an Actor” segment, and the “Indiana Jones” actor could be seen chewing behind her left shoulder, seemingly unaware at first that he was on camera. 

Harrison Ford at the 2023 Oscars

As the audience started to laugh, Williams joked, “I told him to turn away! Don’t look!” before she went back to her speech about her career. 

Ford got out of the shot for the rest of her speech, then quickly turned back and laughingly embraced her after she proclaimed, “I am an actor!” 

Ford was nominated for an Academy Award for best actor in 1986 for “Witness.” 

In 2023, Ford and Ke Huy Quan, who worked with Ford as a child in 1984’s “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” and was in 2023 best picture winner “Everything Everywhere all at Once,” reunited onstage after Ford presented the winner. 

Harrison Ford embracing Ke Huy Quan

Quan also won the Oscar for best supporting actor for the movie. 

Fox News Digital has reached out to reps for Ford for comment. 

The Academy Awards will air 7 p.m. ET Sunday on ABC. 

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Family of victim in Bryan Kohberger case say they were sent into ‘panic mode’ after plea deal

Shannon Sharpe hit with $50 million lawsuit as brow-raising audio clip emerges

UPenn caves to Trump’s demands to strip transgender swimmer of titles and other concessions

Liberals are furious at billionaire Democrat ‘mega-donor’ for admitting Obama and Biden were unresponsive compared to Trump

Human remains found 10 months after Texas family’s boat capsized in Alaska

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Stephen Miller Drops Truth Bombs on How Americans Feel About Zelensky After WH Outburst [WATCH] Stephen Miller Drops Truth Bombs on How Americans Feel About Zelensky After WH Outburst [WATCH]
Next Article Adam Schiff Sides with Zelensky, Against American Interests After Oval Office Disaster Adam Schiff Sides with Zelensky, Against American Interests After Oval Office Disaster
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Millennium Challenge Corporation leader departs after brief tenure
Millennium Challenge Corporation leader departs after brief tenure
News
Ex-Postal fraud investigator charged with stealing 0K from elderly victims
Ex-Postal fraud investigator charged with stealing $330K from elderly victims
News
No. 9 LSU takes down No. 4 Clemson on the road
No. 9 LSU takes down No. 4 Clemson on the road
News
George Soros Helped ‘Subvert’ the 2020 Election With $2.5 Billion: General Mike Flynn [WATCH]
George Soros Helped ‘Subvert’ the 2020 Election With $2.5 Billion: General Mike Flynn [WATCH]
Politics
Trump’s Labor Day economic claims followed by golf outing to quell speculation
Trump’s Labor Day economic claims followed by golf outing to quell speculation
News
Polish Air Force F-16 Pilot Killed in Fiery Crash Before Radom Airshow [WATCH]
Polish Air Force F-16 Pilot Killed in Fiery Crash Before Radom Airshow [WATCH]
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?