By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: ‘Sad thing for us’: Pelosi says she wants to protect sex changes for trans kids
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > ‘Sad thing for us’: Pelosi says she wants to protect sex changes for trans kids
News

‘Sad thing for us’: Pelosi says she wants to protect sex changes for trans kids

Jim Taft
Last updated: August 8, 2025 2:38 am
By Jim Taft 4 Min Read
Share
‘Sad thing for us’: Pelosi says she wants to protect sex changes for trans kids
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that sex changes for transgender children is something she’s working for “at the national level.”

Earlier in the day, Pelosi toured the San Francisco VA Medical Center to review health-system upgrades, research initiatives and—according to a press release from her staff—the threat that House Republicans might slash core veterans’ services.

While speaking with reporters, she was asked how her office was responding to pauses to “gender-affirming care” in California.

“That is something I’m working for at the national level, and we are hoping we can have gender-affirming care for our trans kids,” Pelosi said. “It’s a sad thing for us… I don’t know what effect we can have nationally with what we have going on in the White House and in Congress.”

DEMOCRATIC STATES SUE TRUMP ADMIN OVER ENDING SEX CHANGE SURGERIES FOR MINORS

She called the situation “really sad, adding that a transgender-pride flag—five horizontal stripes of light blue, pink and white—hangs outside her office. Pelosi also said several colleagues display the same flag.

She acknowledged that many Republicans on Capitol Hill oppose medical transition for transgender youth.

Still, she is not alone in her stance on sex changes for kids.

CHILDREN’S NATIONAL HOSPITAL IN DC TO END GENDER TRANSITION MEDICAL INTERVENTIONS

Pro-trans protesters in front of Supreme Court

Earlier this month, over a dozen officials from Democratic-led states filed a lawsuit to stop the Trump administration from blocking access to sex change procedures and treatments for people under the age of 19.

The complaint, which was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, argues that the Trump administration wants to impose a nationwide ban on sex change procedures by threatening providers with “baseless criminal charges” and investigations.

The lawsuit names President Donald Trump, Attorney General Pam Bondi and the Justice Department as defendants. It challenges Trump’s Jan. 28 executive order barring government support for sex change operations and treatments and two memos by Bondi and Assistant Attorney General Brett Shumate. 

Pelosi’s office told Fox News Digital the Democrat was referring to this lawsuit when she spoke about supporting sex changes for children.

TRUMP’S JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TARGETS DOCTORS, CLINICS WHO PROVIDE SEX CHANGE PROCEDURES TO MINORS

Transgender flag in Washington, D.C.

Bondi’s memo directs the Department of Justice (DOJ) to investigate and prosecute those who offer sex-change treatments to minors. Shumate’s memo directs prosecutors to prioritize investigations against doctors, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies that perform such procedures. 

In July, Kaiser Permanente announced that it would pause sex change surgeries for patients under 19 beginning Aug. 29 in response to the Trump administration’s efforts on the matter. The same month, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles shuttered its Center for Trans Youth Health and Development, one of the nation’s largest clinics for transgender young people.

The Children’s National Hospital in Washington, D.C., also announced that it will no longer provide gender transition-related medical interventions. 

Many states have laws restricting or banning sex change surgeries for children. The states named in the lawsuit – California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin. – allow such procedures.

Fox News Digital’s Louis Casiano contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Whitlock: The WNBA is celebrating Caitlin Clark’s sidelining injury

LEAKED audio: Shaq offered ‘top dollar’ for dirt on Shannon Sharpe pre-$50M lawsuit

New Mexico Media Offers New Excuse for Gun ‘Buybacks’

President Trump’s DC crime crackdown is getting results

Jasmine Crockett’s bad acting is only getting worse

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Arizona Democrat Under Fire for Exposing ICE Operations Online—Now Facing Federal Review Arizona Democrat Under Fire for Exposing ICE Operations Online—Now Facing Federal Review
Next Article Is ‘Big Balls’ the next George Floyd of white people? Is ‘Big Balls’ the next George Floyd of white people?
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Andrew Cuomo Claims Trump Will Take Over NYC If Mamdani Wins
Andrew Cuomo Claims Trump Will Take Over NYC If Mamdani Wins
Politics
Whatever’s in the Water in Europe
Whatever’s in the Water in Europe
Politics
Trump Terminates Kamala’s Secret Service Protection
Trump Terminates Kamala’s Secret Service Protection
Politics
Every Day Should Be a Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday
Every Day Should Be a Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday
News
Tom Homan says Trump administration has located 23,000 of the 300,000 migrant children lost under Biden administration
Tom Homan says Trump administration has located 23,000 of the 300,000 migrant children lost under Biden administration
News
Woman allegedly tries to run over Border Patrol agents with car during Maine arrest
Woman allegedly tries to run over Border Patrol agents with car during Maine arrest
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?