By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Teen arrested in Bronx shooting that killed Christopher Redding near bus stop
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Teen arrested in Bronx shooting that killed Christopher Redding near bus stop
News

Teen arrested in Bronx shooting that killed Christopher Redding near bus stop

Jim Taft
Last updated: February 17, 2026 6:42 am
By Jim Taft 7 Min Read
Share
Teen arrested in Bronx shooting that killed Christopher Redding near bus stop
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

One teenager has been arrested in connection with what officials described as a “senseless” shooting that broke out in New York City as crowds of children gathered at the bus stop after school dismissal, killing one 16-year-old boy, police said Sunday. 

The Wednesday incident occurred in the Kingsbridge section of the Bronx amid what officials and witnesses characterized as an escalating wave of violence in the borough, prompting affected family members to criticize Mayor Zohran Mamdani and law enforcement for not doing enough to keep New Yorkers safe.

Authorities identified the slain victim as Christopher Redding, an aspiring football player at John F. Kennedy High School, who sustained a gunshot wound to the back. According to a GoFundMe page, Redding was defending his friends who were being targeted by a group of individuals. 

Officials released footage of the suspects and said the group responsible for the escalation that led to the shooting consisted of four people, including three males and one female. 

FORMER FBI ANALYST BELIEVES GUTHRIE SUSPECT IS AMATEUR CRIMINAL, SAVANNAH’S LATEST MESSAGE TAILORED TO HIM

A 17-year-old male tied to the incident was arrested Saturday and currently faces multiple charges, including murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, assault and criminal possession of a loaded firearm.

Bronx Borough President Vanessa Gibson said the gunfire began as a street dispute while stressing that there has been “too much violence among young adults.”

“This started out as some sort of fight on the street, and it escalated,” Gibson said. “And, guess what, someone had a gun. That is usually the issue.”

CHRISTIAN MOTHER, TEACHER FOUND DEAD AS POLICE HUNT HOMICIDE SUSPECT IN OHIO HOME INVASION

Regional Hall, a nearby resident who saw the aftermath of the shooting through her window, said that after hearing five gunshots, she saw “hundreds and hundreds of kids” waiting for the bus quickly running from the scene. 

Redding reportedly intervened to defend his friends just before the group opened fire, according to a GoFundMe page organized by his coach. 

“Christopher was defending his friends who were being targeted by a group of individuals who then opened fire on them in the Bronx,” the page said. “His last act on earth was one of courage and selflessness, protecting those he cared about.”

The 16-year-old was reportedly a talented athlete. He was a member of the John F. Kennedy High School tackle football team and the Fastbreak flag football team and previously played for the Bronx Colts and LBX teams, according to the GoFundMe page. 

Two other young teenagers also sustained serious injuries in the chaos, including a 15-year-old boy and a 13-year-old girl. Both sustained a gunshot wound to the right leg and were transported to a local hospital, where they were reported to be in stable condition.

Gif of group of people walking

Hall added that she was terrified that a bullet might go through the window of her first-floor apartment, noting that fear has been widespread in the community due to recent violence in the borough. 

“You can’t come to the stores,” she said. “I had a friend that went to the drug store, and she had to try to run from across the street there to here to get to her house.”

She described a pattern of teenagers gathering at the bus stop, running into the streets and fighting regularly, noting that the violence was not entirely unexpected.

“I used to see a lot of policemen around here,” she added. “But it’s, you know, can’t say anymore.”

HOUSE GOP LEADER RIPS ‘SOCIALIST’ ZOHRAN MAMDANI AFTER 18 PEOPLE FREEZE TO DEATH IN NYC

Gibson also acknowledged that the borough has recently seen a rise in gun violence, “leaving too many of our families and community members feeling unsafe in their own neighborhoods.”

District Council Member Eric Dinowitz added that “guns in the hands of high school students should never be the reality, and we must put an end to this senseless violence,” according to a post on X.

split photo of young man wearing athletic wear and crime scene with police

The grieving father of the slain teen football player added that he was disappointed by the circumstances surrounding the incident and denounced Mayor Zohran Mamdani’s recent statement Thursday expressing gratitude for the NYPD’s handling of crime in the city.

“They’re still out there, and nothing is really being done,” Bryan Corley told the New York Post, referring to the suspects who remain at large. “Mayor Mamdani saying that the police is doing a good job. They’re not doing a good job. It’s disgusting.”

When asked whether Mamdani’s office had reached out to the teen’s family, the father reportedly said “no” in frustration. 

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Last Thursday, Mamdani addressed the recent shootings in the Bronx, characterizing them as “heartbreaking and horrific.”

“I am thankful for the work of the NYPD not only in responding to them but also in the actions they are taking to ensure that we work to prevent them in the future,” Mamdani said.

Dinowitz noted that “with a new mayoral administration, we have an opportunity to address this crisis once and for all. My colleagues and I in the City Council will do everything we can to support an anti-gun violence agenda that addresses the root causes and saves lives.”

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Bengals’ Joe Burrow to miss significant time with injury: report

Gordon Ramsay refuses to create Ozempic menus for weight loss drug users

Another New Jersey Town Approves Permit-to-Carry Rebate Resolution

Vladimir Putin drone attack claims dismissed by Ukraine military expert

Iran deputy foreign minister ready for nuclear deal compromises with U.S.

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Trump Warns Kidnappers of ‘Most Severe’ Federal Penalties in Nancy Guthrie Case [WATCH] Trump Warns Kidnappers of ‘Most Severe’ Federal Penalties in Nancy Guthrie Case [WATCH]
Next Article ‘Homophobic slur’ spelled out on T-shirts sparks LGBT rage at California high school ‘Homophobic slur’ spelled out on T-shirts sparks LGBT rage at California high school
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Hochul Sends .5B to NYC as Mamdani Pushes Millionaire Tax Hike
Hochul Sends $1.5B to NYC as Mamdani Pushes Millionaire Tax Hike
Politics
Democrats’ reckless refusal to fund DHS leaves TSA agents struggling without paychecks — again
Democrats’ reckless refusal to fund DHS leaves TSA agents struggling without paychecks — again
News
Senate Majority Leader Thune promises vote on SAVE America Act voter ID bill
Senate Majority Leader Thune promises vote on SAVE America Act voter ID bill
News
Border Chaos Was a Political Choice, Not a Legal Requirement [WATCH]
Border Chaos Was a Political Choice, Not a Legal Requirement [WATCH]
Politics
‘Homophobic slur’ spelled out on T-shirts sparks LGBT rage at California high school
‘Homophobic slur’ spelled out on T-shirts sparks LGBT rage at California high school
News
Trump Warns Kidnappers of ‘Most Severe’ Federal Penalties in Nancy Guthrie Case [WATCH]
Trump Warns Kidnappers of ‘Most Severe’ Federal Penalties in Nancy Guthrie Case [WATCH]
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?