By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Trump administration appeals ruling to fully fund SNAP program
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Trump administration appeals ruling to fully fund SNAP program
News

Trump administration appeals ruling to fully fund SNAP program

Jim Taft
Last updated: November 7, 2025 4:03 pm
By Jim Taft 3 Min Read
Share
Trump administration appeals ruling to fully fund SNAP program
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The Trump administration on Friday asked a federal appeals court to block, for now, a lower court’s decision that would require it to fully fund the nation’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) food aid program by the end of the day. 

Lawyers for the Justice Department asked the First Circuit Court of Appeals to temporarily stay an injunction handed down one day earlier by a federal judge in Rhode Island. The appeal is the latest in an ongoing court fight over the food aid program that funds 42 million low-income Americans. 

U.S. District Judge John McConnell ordered the U.S. Department of Agriculture on Thursday to allocate $4 billion in alternative contingency funds as needed to fully fund the SNAP program through November, noting the urgency of the food aid and the need for distribution.

The judge also scolded the Trump administration for agreeing to fund just 65% of the SNAP benefits. “It’s likely that SNAP recipients are hungry as we sit here,” McConnell said Thursday shortly before issuing the new order, which gave the USDA less than 24 hours to comply.

FEDERAL JUDGE RULES TRUMP MUST FULLY FUND SNAP PROGRAM BY FRIDAY

In their filing Friday to the First Circuit Court of Appeals, Trump’s legal team argued that the lower court order “makes a mockery of the separation of powers,” and accused McConnell of overstepping his powers as a federal judge.

“There is no lawful basis for an order that directs USDA to somehow find $4 billion in the metaphorical couch cushions,” DOJ lawyers argued, describing his order as an “unprecedented injunction” and one that “makes a mockery of the separation of powers.”

TWO JUDGES RULE TRUMP ADMIN MUST KEEP SNAP BENEFITS IN PLACE AS SHUTDOWN DRAGS ON

An EBT sign is displayed on the window of a grocery store in Brooklyn on Oct. 30, 2025. (Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images)

“This is a crisis, to be sure, but it is a crisis occasioned by congressional failure, and that can only be solved by congressional action,” they added. 

McConnell on Thursday also said the Trump administration had failed to comply with his original order last week, which required USDA to fund the SNAP benefits before its funds were slated to lapse on Nov. 1, the first time ever in the program’s 60-year history. 

map showing percentage of residents using snap benefits by state in 2024

 

The government “did nothing to ensure that the money would be paid on Wednesday,” he said.

The judge also said Trump officials failed to address a known funding distribution problem that could cause SNAP payments to be delayed for weeks or months in some states.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Former UFC fighter Ben Askren released after double-lung transplant

Court strikes down Ohio school’s pronoun policy in parents’ lawsuit

Lia Thomas was also a victim of UPenn’s trans lie

Joe Kennedy III demands cousin RFK Jr resign after Senate hearing

NFL news: Aaron Rodgers reportedly has not told the Steelers he is joining them

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article ‘Liberal White Women Are the Biggest Threat to America’ [WATCH] ‘Liberal White Women Are the Biggest Threat to America’ [WATCH]
Next Article Democrat senator makes stunning admission about Obamacare failures Democrat senator makes stunning admission about Obamacare failures
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Scott Bessent Announces Major Move to Shut Down Illegal Alien Benefits [WATCH]
Scott Bessent Announces Major Move to Shut Down Illegal Alien Benefits [WATCH]
Politics
MLB news: Orioles reportedly sign Ryan Helsley to 2-year contract
MLB news: Orioles reportedly sign Ryan Helsley to 2-year contract
News
Squishy Indiana Republican Sinks GOP Effort Over ‘Seriously Retarded’ Tim Walz Remark
Squishy Indiana Republican Sinks GOP Effort Over ‘Seriously Retarded’ Tim Walz Remark
Politics
NYC Protesters Target Black Friday Shoppers and ICE
NYC Protesters Target Black Friday Shoppers and ICE
Politics
Bearing Arms’ Knighton Takes a Ride in the Stagecoach
Bearing Arms’ Knighton Takes a Ride in the Stagecoach
News
Elton John: This would make Trump ‘one of the greatest’
Elton John: This would make Trump ‘one of the greatest’
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?