An American student and model from New York has been identified as the victim of a stabbing attack in Dresden, Germany, after stepping in to defend two women from harassment, as reported by The Gateway Pundit.
The victim, 21-year-old John Rudat of Albany, New York, was slashed across the face with a knife by a Syrian national while riding public transportation in the city on August 24. The attack left him with a permanent facial scar that he said has ended his modeling career.
Syrian migrant accused of slashing hero American model John Rudat was previously let go by cops before being busted for gruesome attack
Police in Germany have arrested a 21-year-old Syrian national, and accused him of slashing hero American model John Rudat across the face after… pic.twitter.com/41NPGyKdlI
— Trump2024_no_matter_what (@TexasTrump2024) August 26, 2025
Trump’s Sovereign Wealth Fund: What Could It Mean For Your Money?
Rudat spoke to German journalist Anabel Schunke of Junge Freiheit and recounted the events that led to the assault.
“When the attackers started harassing a woman on the tram, I tried to calm everyone down. My instinct was to put myself between her and the perpetrator, so I stretched out my arm to create distance and protect her. So the main attacker immediately turned on me. It escalated almost instantly.”
This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year
[esi random_video_player ttl=”0″]
During the altercation, a second man appeared and slashed Rudat’s face before fleeing. That suspect remains at large.
“I intervened because someone was clearly in danger, and I would do the same thing again.”
Authorities confirmed the attackers were Syrian nationals. One was briefly detained but later released. The second suspect has not been apprehended.
Rudat, who recently completed paramedic school and worked as an EMT, said his decision to intervene came naturally. “She was in serious danger and unable to protect herself. Every injury I got was worth it to protect their lives,” he told Junge Freiheit.
He also confirmed that no bystanders intervened, aside from his friends who called the police and stayed with him until help arrived. Rudat expressed understanding, saying many passengers were likely afraid.
The New Yorker added that his respect for law enforcement deepened after the attack. Coming from a family of police officers, Rudat said he believed German authorities were handling the investigation professionally and that he had “full confidence justice will be done.”
While acknowledging that the attack ended his modeling career, Rudat said he considers the scar a symbol of strength. “Instead of being sad, I feel strengthened. My scar symbolizes standing up to senseless aggression,” he said.
‘My main priority was the safety of the woman.’
American model John Rudat speaks out after being attacked by a migrant while defending a woman on a tram in Dresden.
Become a GB News Member: https://t.co/mNsRsGC8ef pic.twitter.com/N2QhoujTFo
— GB News (@GBNEWS) August 26, 2025
Rudat’s family has organized a GoFundMe campaign to help cover medical expenses and his recovery.
His brother’s girlfriend, Molly Sheldon, described the attack in a statement on the fundraising page, noting that Rudat had been left with “critical injuries” that required immediate surgery.
She wrote, “John’s passion for saving lives drove him to heroically intervene when he saw two women being violently assaulted … John is a kind, selfless soul who put his own safety on the line to help others, and now we’re rallying to support him.”
The GoFundMe campaign remains active as Rudat continues treatment in Germany and prepares for a lengthy recovery.
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.
Read the full article here