By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Blue State Governor Pulls a U-Turn, Says He’d Welcome Donald Trump’s Federal Support [WATCH]
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > Politics > Blue State Governor Pulls a U-Turn, Says He’d Welcome Donald Trump’s Federal Support [WATCH]
Politics

Blue State Governor Pulls a U-Turn, Says He’d Welcome Donald Trump’s Federal Support [WATCH]

Jim Taft
Last updated: August 30, 2025 6:10 pm
By Jim Taft 5 Min Read
Share
Blue State Governor Pulls a U-Turn, Says He’d Welcome Donald Trump’s Federal Support [WATCH]
SHARE

Maryland Governor Wes Moore, a Democrat, has stated publicly that he is open to accepting federal assistance from President Donald Trump to help address ongoing problems in Baltimore and surrounding communities.

The remarks came during a recent press briefing, where Moore was asked if he would support federal involvement in tackling the issues facing the city.

“I would absolutely welcome federal support,” Moore said.

Trump’s Sovereign Wealth Fund: What Could It Mean For Your Money?

His comments marked a shift from his previous positions, as the governor has often aligned himself with progressive urban policies and has been a vocal critic of President Trump.

Baltimore has faced long-standing challenges related to crime, economic instability, and governance.

The city has consistently recorded some of the highest violent crime rates in the nation.

At the same time, public infrastructure has deteriorated, and public schools have struggled with declining performance and funding problems.

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

[esi random_video_player ttl=”0″]

Despite repeated efforts at reform and the use of significant taxpayer resources, the conditions have shown little improvement.

Governor Moore’s statement followed recent federal involvement in Washington, D.C., where President Trump authorized initiatives to address similar concerns.

In that effort, federal agencies supported targeted cleanup operations, increased law enforcement coordination, and programs designed to help revitalize local economies.

Moore acknowledged those developments when asked whether he would consider similar support in Baltimore and across Maryland.

JUST IN: The Democrat governor of Maryland INVITES PRESIDENT TRUMP to send in federal support to clean up Baltimore and MD.

TRUMP WON.

“I would ABSOLUTELY welcome federal support.”

Get on the phone with 47!

He wants Maryland to have what DC got. pic.twitter.com/sz4AOB35Xt

— Eric Daugherty (@EricLDaugh) August 28, 2025

Baltimore’s issues have been the subject of national debate for years.

Critics have pointed to decades of political leadership under Democratic control as a central factor in the city’s ongoing struggles.

Residents have faced persistent concerns over safety, and business investment in the area has declined.

Federal investigations in recent years have also highlighted instances of corruption within the city’s leadership.

Moore’s openness to federal support signals recognition that state and local efforts alone may not be sufficient to stabilize conditions.

The governor’s remarks suggest that cooperation with the Trump administration could be necessary to provide additional resources to combat violent crime and address systemic challenges that have hindered Baltimore’s recovery.

President Trump has previously emphasized his willingness to provide federal assistance to cities experiencing elevated crime and economic distress.

His administration has made crime reduction and urban redevelopment a priority in several jurisdictions.

Moore’s acknowledgment of the potential benefits of such cooperation represents a rare instance of public alignment between a Democratic governor and the Trump administration on urban policy.

The developments have drawn attention as Baltimore continues to face national scrutiny.

Despite repeated policy proposals and funding allocations at the state and local levels, many residents have expressed frustration that progress has been slow or ineffective.

Community leaders have called for stronger measures to improve public safety, expand economic opportunity, and restore confidence in city institutions.

Moore’s comments have set the stage for possible federal-state collaboration in Maryland.

Whether formal requests for aid are submitted remains to be seen, but his acknowledgment that additional support is needed represents a notable departure from earlier positions that emphasized local control.

As Baltimore confronts persistent challenges, the possibility of expanded federal involvement underscores the scale of the issues at hand.

Governor Moore’s statement signals that, for Maryland, partnership with the federal government may now be part of the path forward.


The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Trump Witnesses NCAA History — Here’s What He Told the Champion [WATCH]

‘Could Not Speak’ — Biden Bombed Closed-Door, Scripted Town Hall, New Book Alleges

Senator Fetterman Criticizes Own Party’s Behavior, Aligns with Trump on Key Issue

Woman Arrested After Slamming Child’s Head Into Window Over Muppet Comment During a Flight [WATCH]

Trump-Appointed Judge Strikes Down Administration’s Anti-DEI Directives

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Minnesota Government Helped Create Annunciation School Shooter Minnesota Government Helped Create Annunciation School Shooter
Next Article Fox News Entertainment Newsletter: Royal experts on Meghan Markle’s ‘pity party,’ George Clooney skips event Fox News Entertainment Newsletter: Royal experts on Meghan Markle’s ‘pity party,’ George Clooney skips event
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

No. 9 LSU takes down No. 4 Clemson on the road
No. 9 LSU takes down No. 4 Clemson on the road
News
George Soros Helped ‘Subvert’ the 2020 Election With $2.5 Billion: General Mike Flynn [WATCH]
George Soros Helped ‘Subvert’ the 2020 Election With $2.5 Billion: General Mike Flynn [WATCH]
Politics
Trump’s Labor Day economic claims followed by golf outing to quell speculation
Trump’s Labor Day economic claims followed by golf outing to quell speculation
News
Polish Air Force F-16 Pilot Killed in Fiery Crash Before Radom Airshow [WATCH]
Polish Air Force F-16 Pilot Killed in Fiery Crash Before Radom Airshow [WATCH]
Politics
Cheaper cars ahead? US-EU trade deal could be big win for American drivers
Cheaper cars ahead? US-EU trade deal could be big win for American drivers
News
Florida State stuns Alabama, snapping Crimson Tide’s season opener run
Florida State stuns Alabama, snapping Crimson Tide’s season opener run
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?