By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Family Confirms Death of 12-Year-Old Boy After a Shark Attack in Sydney Harbor [WATCH]
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > Politics > Family Confirms Death of 12-Year-Old Boy After a Shark Attack in Sydney Harbor [WATCH]
Politics

Family Confirms Death of 12-Year-Old Boy After a Shark Attack in Sydney Harbor [WATCH]

Jim Taft
Last updated: January 26, 2026 7:51 pm
By Jim Taft 5 Min Read
Share
Family Confirms Death of 12-Year-Old Boy After a Shark Attack in Sydney Harbor [WATCH]
SHARE

A 12-year-old Australian boy who was critically injured in a shark attack while swimming in Sydney Harbor has died, his family confirmed Saturday, as reported by Fox News.

Nico Antic had been hospitalized since Jan. 18 after the attack, which occurred at a popular cliff-jumping location known as Jump Rock near Shark Beach in the eastern Sydney suburb of Vaucluse.

⚠️ Tragic news

A 12-year-old boy named Nico Antic died after a bull shark bit his legs very badly.

He was hurt while jumping off rocks into the water at Vaucluse in Sydney Harbour on January 18.

He passed away six days later on January 24 despite doctors trying to save him.… pic.twitter.com/7wvvnbdrzT

— Xnews_with_Grok (@Xnews_with_grok) January 25, 2026

Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.

The incident happened in Sydney Harbor during the afternoon.

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

Nico’s parents, Lorena and Juan Antic, announced his death in a statement released Saturday.

“We are heartbroken to share that our son, Nico, has passed away,” they said. “Nico was a happy, friendly, and sporty young boy with the most kind and generous spirit. He was always full of life, and that’s how we’ll remember him.”

Twelve-year-old Nico Antic died from injuries sustained in a shark attack at Vaucluse almost a week ago, as Sydney beaches face heightened shark activity over the Australia Day long weekend. pic.twitter.com/Up9bmQuWDz

— 7NEWS Sydney (@7NewsSydney) January 24, 2026

The family also expressed gratitude to first responders, medical staff, and community members who supported them during the ordeal.

They specifically thanked doctors and nurses at Sydney Children’s Hospital, where Nico had been receiving treatment since the attack.

According to New South Wales police, the attack occurred at approximately 4:20 p.m. on Jan. 18 after Nico jumped from a ledge estimated to be about 20 feet high into the water.

Authorities said he sustained severe injuries to both legs, which were believed to have been caused by a large shark.

Witnesses told police that Nico had been swimming with three friends at the time of the attack. His friends immediately jumped into the water to assist him, pulled him to shore, and called emergency services.

Paramedics rushed Nico to the hospital in critical condition. Local media later reported that he had lost both legs as a result of the injuries.

In the days following the attack, a GoFundMe campaign launched by a family friend raised more than $266,000 as of Saturday evening to assist the Antic family with medical and related expenses.

Nico’s death comes amid a recent surge in shark incidents across Australia.

In the days following his attack, dozens of beaches were closed nationwide after four shark attacks were reported within a short span of time, according to local authorities.

Australia experiences an average of about 20 shark attacks each year, with fewer than three resulting in fatalities, according to data cited by Reuters.

Officials have not announced any additional safety measures related to the Jump Rock area, which is known locally as a popular swimming and cliff-jumping spot.

Authorities continue to warn swimmers and beachgoers to remain alert, particularly during periods of increased shark activity.

Fox News Digital reported that Stephen Sorace contributed to coverage of the incident.


The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

The Anti-Communist Film Festival: George Clooney and ‘Solaris’

Tennessee Suspect in Quadruple Homicide and Kidnapping Set for His First Court Appearance After Indictment

Army Football Hero Rescues Driver Moments Before Car Erupts in Flames [WATCH]

John Bolton’s Legal Troubles Just Got Worse, Foreign Spy Service Dishes Dirt [WATCH]

Trump Says US Is Going To Run Venezuela After Nabbing Maduro

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Peak Woke Achieved: Fairy Pronouns Peak Woke Achieved: Fairy Pronouns
Next Article Nurse defends remarks after being fired for vile rant against press secretary Nurse defends remarks after being fired for vile rant against press secretary
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Global Elites First, American Safety Last [WATCH]
Global Elites First, American Safety Last [WATCH]
Politics
You Won’t Believe The New York Times’ Take on Rubio’s Munich Speech
You Won’t Believe The New York Times’ Take on Rubio’s Munich Speech
Politics
New School Gender Identity Rules Will Put UK Far Ahead Of US On Parental Rights
New School Gender Identity Rules Will Put UK Far Ahead Of US On Parental Rights
Politics
New Minnesota Gun Owners Put to the Test As Lawmakers Return to Statehouse
New Minnesota Gun Owners Put to the Test As Lawmakers Return to Statehouse
News
2 Florida 15-year-olds accused of threatening to shoot up high schools
2 Florida 15-year-olds accused of threatening to shoot up high schools
News
Minnesota lawmaker flags alleged voter roll discrepancies
Minnesota lawmaker flags alleged voter roll discrepancies
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?