By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Sean Duffy Blocks $40 Million in DOT Funds to California Over English-Language Rule Refusal [WATCH]
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > Politics > Sean Duffy Blocks $40 Million in DOT Funds to California Over English-Language Rule Refusal [WATCH]
Politics

Sean Duffy Blocks $40 Million in DOT Funds to California Over English-Language Rule Refusal [WATCH]

Jim Taft
Last updated: October 17, 2025 5:31 am
By Jim Taft 6 Min Read
Share
Sean Duffy Blocks $40 Million in DOT Funds to California Over English-Language Rule Refusal [WATCH]
SHARE

Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy announced Thursday that California will lose more than $40 million in federal transportation funding after refusing to comply with the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) English language proficiency requirements for commercial truck drivers, as reported by the Western Journal.

According to a DOT news release, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) will withhold $40,685,225 in Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP) grants until the state enforces federal rules requiring commercial drivers to demonstrate English-language proficiency.

“I put states on notice this summer: enforce the Trump Administration’s English language requirements or the checks stop coming,” Duffy said.

Gov. Gavin Newsom signs the fast food bill AB1228 in Los Angeles, on Thursday, Sept. 28, 2023. California’s fast food workers will have a minimum wage of $20 per hour next year under a new law.

“California is the only state in the nation that refuses to ensure big rig drivers can read our road signs and communicate with law enforcement. This is a fundamental safety issue that impacts you and your family on America’s roads.”

Duffy added that he regretted the funding loss for California law enforcement but said the decision was unavoidable.

“Let me be clear — this is valuable money that should be going to the great men and women in California law enforcement, who we support. Gov. Newsom’s insistence on obstructing federal law has tied my hands,” he said.

The withheld MCSAP grants fund activities such as roadside inspections, safety audits, traffic enforcement, and trucking safety education programs.

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

Under federal law, commercial drivers must be able to “read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.”

This isn’t rocket science.

The foreign truck driver who made an illegal U-turn and killed 3 people in Florida earlier this year got his trucking license in California.

After the accident, he FAILED an English proficiency test.

This Administration cares about Americans being… pic.twitter.com/o3brNFgwzo

— Secretary Sean Duffy (@SecDuffy) October 16, 2025

California officials have maintained that the state’s commercial truck drivers have crash rates below the national average. However, the Department of Transportation said funding will not be restored until the state complies with the federal standards.

President Donald Trump signed an executive order in April requiring all commercial drivers to demonstrate English proficiency before obtaining or renewing a commercial driver’s license.

The order drew attention when California truck driver Vivak Sharma told KGO-TV that he could not renew his license because he does not speak English, despite living in the U.S. for a decade.

Duffy addressed the case directly on X, writing, “Crocodile tears for a man who has spent a decade in our country but couldn’t be bothered to learn our language. Our new rules will keep you and your family SAFE on America’s roads!”

Crocodile tears for a man who has spent a decade in our country but couldn’t be bothered to learn our language.

Our new rules will keep you and your family SAFE on America’s roads! https://t.co/alMR2VhmnA

— Secretary Sean Duffy (@SecDuffy) October 14, 2025

The DOT’s decision comes amid growing federal concern over the misuse of state-issued licenses by noncitizens. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recently revealed that some illegal immigrants had obtained commercial driver’s licenses under false or incomplete names.

One case cited in a DHS release involved a man in New York who possessed a driver’s license under the name “No name given Anmol.” The suspect, an illegal immigrant, was detained by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol on Sept. 23 and later taken into federal custody.

“Allowing illegal aliens to obtain commercial driver’s licenses to operate 18-wheelers and transport hazardous materials on America’s roads is reckless and incredibly dangerous to public safety,” DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin said.

“New York is not only failing to check if applicants applying to drive 18-wheelers are U.S. citizens but even failing to obtain the full legal names of individuals they are issuing commercial drivers’ licenses to.”

McLaughlin said DHS continues to coordinate with state and local agencies to identify and remove illegal alien truck drivers operating in violation of U.S. law.


The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Barack Obama’s July 4th Message Slammed for Political Lecture, Skipping American Pride

FBI Had Detailed J6 Warnings of Armed Conflict, Did Nothing: Rep Loudermilk [WATCH]

Eric Swalwell Sparks Rage After Saying Republicans Should Be ‘Buried Below the Capitol’ [WATCH]

Trump Set to Expand 401(k) Power to the People, Not the Bureaucrats [WATCH]

Kamala’s Kickstart Lover Willie Brown Throws Her Under the Bus [WATCH]

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Green Dregs and Scam Day Continues: Trump and the UN Carbon Tax Green Dregs and Scam Day Continues: Trump and the UN Carbon Tax
Next Article Joe Flacco outduels Aaron Rodgers as Bengals beat Steelers in thrilling fashion Joe Flacco outduels Aaron Rodgers as Bengals beat Steelers in thrilling fashion
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

West Virginia Communities Honor Guardsmen Targeted in Washington Terror Attack
West Virginia Communities Honor Guardsmen Targeted in Washington Terror Attack
Politics
West Virginia football honors National Guard soldiers shot in D.C.
West Virginia football honors National Guard soldiers shot in D.C.
News
Anti-ICE Rioters Trap Officers, Snarl Traffic, and Clash With NYPD in Manhattan [WATCH]
Anti-ICE Rioters Trap Officers, Snarl Traffic, and Clash With NYPD in Manhattan [WATCH]
Politics
Meet Nephilim 2.0: Not giants, but cyborgs just as damned as the originals
Meet Nephilim 2.0: Not giants, but cyborgs just as damned as the originals
News
Schumer accuses Trump of edging closer to Venezuela military conflict
Schumer accuses Trump of edging closer to Venezuela military conflict
News
Viral Country Song Shows Women Aren’t Buying the Feminist Girlboss Lifestyle Anymore [WATCH]
Viral Country Song Shows Women Aren’t Buying the Feminist Girlboss Lifestyle Anymore [WATCH]
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?