By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Nancy Guthrie missing case: Law enforcement rejects burglary theory
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Nancy Guthrie missing case: Law enforcement rejects burglary theory
News

Nancy Guthrie missing case: Law enforcement rejects burglary theory

Jim Taft
Last updated: February 16, 2026 3:16 am
By Jim Taft 4 Min Read
Share
Nancy Guthrie missing case: Law enforcement rejects burglary theory
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

New reports attributing Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance to a burglary gone wrong were disputed by a law enforcement source Sunday, as investigators pushed back on what they say is not the leading theory in the case.

The source, speaking to Fox News Digital on condition of anonymity, said the latest theory behind the missing 84-year-old’s disappearance is not currently the prevailing view among investigators.

“This is not the working theory inside the unit,” the source said before pushing back further on the burglary narrative, noting that nighttime residential burglaries are uncommon.

“Nighttime residential burglaries are so ridiculously rare. Crazy rare,” the source said, before highlighting how “commercial building burglaries” happen at night and “residential during the day.”

FOX NEWS TRUE CRIME NEWSLETTER: RANSOM DEADLINE PASSES, KEY EVIDENCE EMERGES IN NANCY GUTHRIE CASE

The source also questioned whether Guthrie’s home would have been a likely burglary target.

“We don’t have any indication that [Guthrie] really kept anything valuable there and if this was a burglary gone wrong, they don’t take the victim with them usually,” the source said.

“I guess anything is possible but my gut says it’s something else entirely.”

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos also addressed the new report by a local Arizona TV news reporter which claimed an inside source said investigators now believe the case was a “burglary gone wrong.”

The report also said DNA evidence collected from a Range Rover found outside a Culver’s restaurant on Friday is being tested and alleged that many investigators believe Nancy Guthrie is still alive.

“It did not come from us. No idea and even though that is one of many possibilities, we would never speculate such a thing. We will let the evidence take us to motive,” the sheriff told Fox News correspondent Matt Finn.

Separately, the FBI confirmed that a black glove recovered last week appears to match the one worn by the man seen on surveillance video at Guthrie’s Tucson-area home.

ADVANCED VIDEO EQUIPMENT SEEN AT NANCY GUTHRIE HOME AS EXPERTS BREAK DOWN ITS POSSIBLE ROLE

A member of the Pima County Sheriff's Department standing by a truck and looking towards Nancy Guthrie‘s house.

According to a statement provided to Arizona’s Family on Sunday, the glove was found about two miles from Guthrie’s home in a roadside field. The glove was sent to a private lab in Florida on Thursday and arrived Friday.

Federal officials said preliminary DNA profile results were received Saturday, and investigators are now awaiting quality control and official confirmation before uploading the DNA profile into the FBI’s national Combined DNA Index System, or CODIS.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

“The one with the DNA profile recovered is different and appears to match the gloves of the subject in the surveillance video,” the FBI said in its statement.

Savannah Guthrie also released a new video Sunday as the search for her mother entered its 15th day.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Virgin Islands Gun Control Bill Includes $1,000 Registration Fee for Firearms

High-profile flag burnings that led to Trump’s executive order on prosecution

Active shooter reported at Brown University

Nicolás Maduro, wife arrive in New York after being captured by US forces

Leftist streamer calls Charlie Kirk’s memorial a ‘Nazi rally’ — and humiliates himself

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Kal Penn says former President Obama ‘not a progressive’ by 2025 lens Kal Penn says former President Obama ‘not a progressive’ by 2025 lens
Next Article Iran deputy foreign minister ready for nuclear deal compromises with U.S. Iran deputy foreign minister ready for nuclear deal compromises with U.S.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton sues Dallas over lack of police funding
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton sues Dallas over lack of police funding
News
Spencer Pratt Los Angeles mayoral bid sparks family feud with sister
Spencer Pratt Los Angeles mayoral bid sparks family feud with sister
News
Iran deputy foreign minister ready for nuclear deal compromises with U.S.
Iran deputy foreign minister ready for nuclear deal compromises with U.S.
News
Kal Penn says former President Obama ‘not a progressive’ by 2025 lens
Kal Penn says former President Obama ‘not a progressive’ by 2025 lens
News
Rep Anna Paulina Luna Reveals How Election Bill Democrats Hate Might Have Fighting Chance Of Passage
Rep Anna Paulina Luna Reveals How Election Bill Democrats Hate Might Have Fighting Chance Of Passage
Politics
U.S. may grant Hamit Coskun refugee status after London Quran burning
U.S. may grant Hamit Coskun refugee status after London Quran burning
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?