By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Iran deputy foreign minister ready for nuclear deal compromises with U.S.
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Iran deputy foreign minister ready for nuclear deal compromises with U.S.
News

Iran deputy foreign minister ready for nuclear deal compromises with U.S.

Jim Taft
Last updated: February 16, 2026 4:17 am
By Jim Taft 4 Min Read
Share
Iran deputy foreign minister ready for nuclear deal compromises with U.S.
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Iran claims it is open to compromise with the U.S. on a nuclear deal if the administration is willing to discuss lifting sanctions, a senior Iranian official said Sunday.

Majid Takht-Ravanchi, Iran’s deputy foreign minister, also said in an interview that the ball was “in America’s court to prove that they want to do a deal,” adding: “If they are sincere, I’m sure we will be on the road to an agreement.”

“We are ready to discuss this and other issues related to our program if they are ready to talk about sanctions,” Takht-Ravanchi told the BBC.

TRUMP SAYS NUCLEAR TALKS IN OMAN WERE ‘VERY GOOD,’ CLAIMS IRAN WANTS A DEAL ‘VERY BADLY’

Takht-Ravanchi’s comments came as Iran’s top diplomat traveled to Geneva for a second round of indirect talks with the U.S. delegation.

Abbas Araghchi left for the Swiss city following an initial round of negotiations last week with Oman again mediating the next round of talks, according to Iranian state media and the Associated Press.

U.S. officials, however, have emphasized that Iran — not the U.S. — is holding up progress in negotiations.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Feb. 14 that President Donald Trump would prefer to reach an agreement but warned it was “very hard to do” one with Iran.

Past diplomatic efforts had collapsed in 2025 after Israel launched what became a 12-day war with Iran and U.S. strikes on Iranian nuclear sites.

SCOTT BESSENT SAYS IRAN UNDERSTANDS ‘BRUTE FORCE’ AS TRUMP WEIGHS OPTIONS AMID NUCLEAR STANDOFF

Image shows the Natanz nuclear facility before it was largely destroyed by Israel.

But on Sunday, Takht-Ravanchi pointed to Tehran’s offer to dilute its stockpile of uranium enriched to 60% purity as evidence of its willingness to compromise, the BBC reported.

Asked whether Iran would ship its stockpile of more than 400 kilograms of highly enriched uranium abroad, as it did under the 2015 deal, Takht-Ravanchi said it was “too early to say what will happen in the course of negotiations.”

One of Iran’s main demands is that talks focus on the nuclear issue. “Our understanding is that they have come to the conclusion that if you want to have a deal you have to focus on the nuclear issue,” Takht-Ravanchi said.

Takht-Ravanchi also said the “issue of zero enrichment is not an issue anymore and as far as Iran is concerned, it is not on the table anymore.”

TRUMP SAYS IRAN ‘SERIOUSLY TALKING TO US’ AS MILITARY SHIPS HEAD TO MIDDLE EAST

USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier

Trump has since threatened further military action if a deal to curb Iran’s nuclear program cannot be reached.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The U.S. has also reinforced its military presence in the region amid heightened tensions and after spiraling protests across the country in December left thousands reportedly dead at the hands of the clerical regime.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Police walked right past DNC pipe bomb to first look under a bush where bomber sat 17 hours earlier

Florida police pull dozens of immigrant truck drivers off roads: ‘People with no names’

No, Trump Didn’t ‘Reinstate’ Supposed Gun Show Loophole

Trump team calls out ‘depravity’ of Jimmy Kimmel’s response to lethal ICE shooting

Venezuela’s Eugenio Suarez: ‘God is good’ after beating Team USA in WBC final

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Nancy Guthrie missing case: Law enforcement rejects burglary theory Nancy Guthrie missing case: Law enforcement rejects burglary theory
Next Article Spencer Pratt Los Angeles mayoral bid sparks family feud with sister Spencer Pratt Los Angeles mayoral bid sparks family feud with sister
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Caitlin Clark drops 21 points and 10 assists after WNBA used Raven Johnson in Fever promo graphics
Caitlin Clark drops 21 points and 10 assists after WNBA used Raven Johnson in Fever promo graphics
News
Arkansas man arrested for allegedly threatening Walmart mass shooting
Arkansas man arrested for allegedly threatening Walmart mass shooting
News
Austin shooting spree triggers shelter-in-place before 2 teens arrested
Austin shooting spree triggers shelter-in-place before 2 teens arrested
News
Pete Crow-Armstrong gets into ugly, curse-filled screaming match with female White Sox fan
Pete Crow-Armstrong gets into ugly, curse-filled screaming match with female White Sox fan
News
Canada confirms hantavirus case linked to cruise ship that killed 3
Canada confirms hantavirus case linked to cruise ship that killed 3
News
Trump delivers Bible message at massive America 250 faith rally
Trump delivers Bible message at massive America 250 faith rally
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?