President Donald Trump has fired a new warning shot toward Iran, declaring that the time for games and delay tactics has run out.
Speaking bluntly on Truth Social, Trump told Tehran that “the Clock is Ticking” and urged the regime to “get moving, FAST,” warning that there will be nothing left of them if they continue their stalling routine.
“For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!” – President Donald J. Trump pic.twitter.com/33gyF0c0O5
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) May 17, 2026
As Breitbart reported, his latest remarks sent a clear signal that the president has no patience for the kind of endless, one-sided bargaining that defined previous administrations.
In a later interview with Axios, Trump explained that he still believes Iran wants a deal, but the regime must show real progress if it hopes to avoid a far harsher U.S. response.
Here’s What They’re Not Telling You About Your Retirement
“We want to make a deal,” he said plainly, “but they are not where we need them to be.” Pressed on what happens if they refuse to move, Trump’s answer was direct: “They will have to get there, or they will be hit badly.”
During a separate interview with Israel’s Channel 13, Trump said: “The Iranians should be afraid of what’s going on right now.”
Trump to Israeli Channel 13:
I think the Iranians should be afraid of what’s going on right now.— Clash Report (@clashreport) May 17, 2026
His message echoed across the Middle East, sending waves through the diplomatic and military ranks as speculation grew about what might come next.
Behind the scenes, Trump held a lengthy call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, where the two leaders discussed Iran, regional tensions, and possible next steps.
This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year
According to Israeli media, the pair revisited the question of military action should diplomacy fail, though officials stressed no final decision had been made.
One Israeli official said Trump is still assessing the situation, but “if he decides to resume the fighting, Israel will likely be asked to join.”
Meanwhile, back in Washington, Trump convened senior national security officials at his Virginia golf club to review the expanding crisis.
Among those in attendance were Vice President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, CIA Director John Ratcliffe, and special envoy Steve Witkoff.
CNN and Axios both confirmed that the meeting covered diplomatic and military options as the administration weighs whether Iran is serious about peace or just playing for time.
Reports suggest Trump is preparing to meet again in the White House Situation Room to review updated intelligence and recommendations.
The sense in Washington is that the administration is running out of patience, particularly as Iran’s negotiating position appears frozen in time and its demands more extreme with every passing day.
A recent New York Times piece described Israel and the United States making their most intensive joint preparations since the ceasefire began, anticipating what could happen if talks collapse.
According to Israel’s Channel 12, planners are now gaming out “days to weeks of fighting,” depending on how Tehran responds.
A senior Israeli source was quoted as saying, “The Americans understand that negotiations with Iran are going nowhere.”
Regional intelligence sources tell Fox News that Iran seems to be pursuing a strategy of “deception and delay,” hoping to buy time and discourage decisive action.
But if that is the game plan, it appears Trump has called their bluff.
Over the weekend, he ramped up his rhetoric online, posting graphics of U.S. military might, maps with arrows pointing straight toward Iran, and images contrasting his hardline stance with the weak policies of prior administrations.
Trump on Iran: pic.twitter.com/YLy82tFyGv
— Clash Report (@clashreport) May 17, 2026
President Trump posts on TruthSocial. pic.twitter.com/zUXJRcPrRD
— Donald J Trump Posts TruthSocial (@TruthTrumpPost) May 17, 2026
For Tehran, that is not a show to ignore. Trump made it clear last week that Iran’s latest response was “garbage” and “totally unacceptable.” He described the fragile ceasefire as being on “massive life support.”
Speaking aboard Air Force One, he brushed off Iran’s so-called proposal, saying, “If I don’t like the first sentence, I just throw it away.” That level of decisiveness stands in stark contrast to the bureaucratic indecision of the Biden years.
Trump emphasized that any agreement must include real, measurable commitments to halt Iran’s nuclear ambitions, not vague promises or creative accounting tricks.
“It’s got to be a real 20 years, not a fake 20,” he said, making it clear that American security is not negotiable.
He also revealed that Iranian officials appeared to backtrack on prior verbal commitments. “They did two days ago,” Trump said when asked if Iran had agreed to hand over its enriched uranium.
“But they changed their mind because they didn’t put it in the paper.” That single detail captures much of what frustrates Trump about Iran’s diplomacy. They talk big, but when the ink is supposed to hit the page, the concessions vanish.
BREAKING: Trump indicated he could accept a 20-year halt to Iran’s nuclear activity:
20 years is enough. But the level of guarantee from them… it’s got to be a real 20 years. pic.twitter.com/cic86rTAuC— Clash Report (@clashreport) May 15, 2026
As reports piled up on Sunday, it became obvious that Iran wants everything without giving anything.
Iranian state outlets demanded sanctions relief, access to frozen assets, and control over key shipping lanes before even discussing nuclear restrictions.
And while Tehran’s list of demands grows, its allies are not staying quiet.
🗞️ Fars News Agency reports that Washington has presented five conditions in response to Iran’s proposal and its own preconditions:▪️ No payment of reparations or compensation by the U.S.
▪️ Removal and transfer of 400kg of enriched uranium from Iran to the U.S.
▪️ Only one…— Drop Site (@DropSiteNews) May 17, 2026
A drone strike in the United Arab Emirates caused a fire near the Barakah nuclear plant, prompting warnings from the U.N. nuclear agency.
Saudi Arabia intercepted more drones from Iraq and warned that further aggression would be met in kind.
NEW: Saudi Arabia intercepted three drones that entered its airspace from Iraq, shooting them down “in record time.”
Riyadh warned it reserves the right to respond “at the appropriate time and place.”— Clash Report (@clashreport) May 17, 2026
Meanwhile, Iranian spokesmen stepped up their own threats, warning that an attack on their oil exports would shut down the entire region’s energy supply.
The tension is rising fast, and Trump’s message has been unmistakable: Iran’s window for making a deal is closing fast.
The regime can choose peace and survival, or it can keep playing games and find out exactly what American strength looks like under a president who means what he says.
Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.
Read the full article here


