By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Arkansas man arrested for allegedly threatening Walmart mass shooting
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Arkansas man arrested for allegedly threatening Walmart mass shooting
News

Arkansas man arrested for allegedly threatening Walmart mass shooting

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 18, 2026 5:47 am
By Jim Taft 4 Min Read
Share
Arkansas man arrested for allegedly threatening Walmart mass shooting
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

An Arkansas man was arrested after allegedly threatening to carry out a mass shooting at his local Walmart if the country went into lockdown over the hantavirus outbreak, authorities said.

Aaron Bynum, 20, of Oakland, was arrested Friday for allegedly making the threats, according to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

He was charged with first-degree terroristic threatening and harassing communications.

Officials said the arrest followed an investigation into online threats allegedly made by Bynum on May 9.

GUN JAMS AS SHOPLIFTING SUSPECT TRIES TO SHOOT OHIO POLICE OFFICER AT POINT-BLANK RANGE IN WILD BODYCAM VIDEO

The FBI’s National Threat Operations Center received an electronic tip from an individual playing an online video game who alleged another player threatened to carry out a mass shooting at a local Walmart “if the country were locked down again due to the Hantavirus.”

Authorities said the reporting individual provided the player’s gamer username along with an in-game recording of the alleged threats.

Investigators said they subpoenaed the game’s parent company, which identified Bynum as the owner of the account.

MASKED SUSPECT CHARGED WITH USING FUEL, FIREWORKS IN WALMART KIDS SECTION AS COVER FOR MASSIVE JEWELRY HEIST

Aaron Bynum booking photo

The FBI’s Fayetteville Field Office then alerted the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, and authorities executed a search warrant at Bynum’s residence Friday.

Investigators said they seized Bynum’s computer and related accessories.

Authorities said Bynum was taken into custody without incident and booked into the Marion County Detention Center on a $2,500 bond.

CRUISE SHIP PASSENGER DESCRIBES UNCERTAINTY AFTER 3 DEATHS AMID HANTAVIRUS PROBE

Walmart store exterior in Savannah, Georgia

The hantavirus outbreak tied to the MV Hondius cruise ship has sickened multiple people aboard the vessel, with WHO reporting as of May 13 that all cases then identified were passengers.

As of May 13, the World Health Organization said 11 cases had been identified in connection with the outbreak, including eight confirmed cases, two probable cases and one inconclusive case. Three deaths had also been linked to the outbreak, and WHO assessed the risk to the global population as low.

Canadian health officials on Sunday confirmed that one of four Canadians who returned from the MV Hondius tested positive for the virus. The Associated Press reported that the Canadian case brought the number of confirmed infections tied to the ship to 10, updating the earlier WHO count from May 13.

While the outbreak has sparked comparisons to the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News senior medical analyst Dr. Marc Siegel previously told Fox News Digital there is “no comparison,” noting hantavirus is difficult to spread.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The CDC says Andes virus, the strain confirmed in the MV Hondius outbreak, is the only hantavirus documented to spread from person to person, though such transmission is rare and generally requires close, prolonged contact with a symptomatic person.

“It’s not airborne … in terms of respiratory droplets hanging in the air,” he said. “It’s very difficult to transmit.”

Fox News Digital’s Angelica Stabile contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

First AI film hits theaters — viewers call for boycott: ‘This is complete garbage dude’

Vladimir Putin drone attack claims dismissed by Ukraine military expert

Advocacy group pushes guaranteed income programs for illegal immigrants

Suspected WHCD shooter and another would-be Trump assassin have a lot in common — and it’s not just Ukraine

THIS is why Trump should send Alejandro Mayorkas to PRISON​

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Austin shooting spree triggers shelter-in-place before 2 teens arrested Austin shooting spree triggers shelter-in-place before 2 teens arrested
Next Article Caitlin Clark drops 21 points and 10 assists after WNBA used Raven Johnson in Fever promo graphics Caitlin Clark drops 21 points and 10 assists after WNBA used Raven Johnson in Fever promo graphics
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Caitlin Clark drops 21 points and 10 assists after WNBA used Raven Johnson in Fever promo graphics
Caitlin Clark drops 21 points and 10 assists after WNBA used Raven Johnson in Fever promo graphics
News
Austin shooting spree triggers shelter-in-place before 2 teens arrested
Austin shooting spree triggers shelter-in-place before 2 teens arrested
News
Pete Crow-Armstrong gets into ugly, curse-filled screaming match with female White Sox fan
Pete Crow-Armstrong gets into ugly, curse-filled screaming match with female White Sox fan
News
Canada confirms hantavirus case linked to cruise ship that killed 3
Canada confirms hantavirus case linked to cruise ship that killed 3
News
Trump delivers Bible message at massive America 250 faith rally
Trump delivers Bible message at massive America 250 faith rally
News
Chicago pastor brings hundreds of men together to reclaim South Side block
Chicago pastor brings hundreds of men together to reclaim South Side block
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?