By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: CHUBBY CHECKER: How Anne Hathaway made sure new ‘Prada’ sequel included models of ‘all different shapes’
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > CHUBBY CHECKER: How Anne Hathaway made sure new ‘Prada’ sequel included models of ‘all different shapes’
News

CHUBBY CHECKER: How Anne Hathaway made sure new ‘Prada’ sequel included models of ‘all different shapes’

Jim Taft
Last updated: April 30, 2026 6:43 pm
By Jim Taft 15 Min Read
Share
CHUBBY CHECKER: How Anne Hathaway made sure new ‘Prada’ sequel included models of ‘all different shapes’
SHARE

A movie about fashion models that joked about not eating to stay thin has completely reversed course for its sequel.

“The Devil Wears Prada 2” is the follow-up to the fangirl favorite from 2006, starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. This time around, however, Hathaway did not want the reality of the fashion industry to deter anyone from seeing her film.

‘I just know that this movie is for everyone.’

Skeleton crew

The controversy started when Streep told fashion rag Harper’s Bazaar that the models she saw in Milan during production were not only “beautiful and young,” but also “alarmingly thin.”

“I thought that all had been addressed years ago,” Streep told the outlet. She added that Hathaway made the producers promise then and there that the models in the new movie would not be so thin.

“She made a beeline to the producers about it, securing promises that the models in the show that we were putting together for our film would not be so skeletal!”

“She’s a stand-up girl,” Streep stated.

Body doubled

This put the onus on Hathaway to explain herself to fawning activists during subsequent interviews. At the premiere in New York City, Hathaway told Variety that she had noticed “beautiful models on set,” but “a lot of them were more traditionally model-sized.”

“I thought the scene would be so much more enjoyable for the audience if we had just a wider range of bodies on display, because all different shapes are beautiful,” Hathaway claimed.

The 43-year-old explained that she asked her producers if they thought the scene would be “stronger” if it had “a more inclusive approach to sizing.”

At her behest, the producers allegedly made the changes within an hour.

RELATED: When your ‘rich’ neighbor can’t afford furniture

Diet rights

In an interview with “Good Morning America” on Monday, Hathaway continued her campaign by saying she wanted to correct any “misinformation” about getting thin models fired “because of the size inclusivity.”

“That just didn’t happen. Nobody lost their jobs. In fact, it created more jobs,” she claimed. “It was just about making sure that so many different body types saw themselves in a moment in the script.”

Amid the hosts’ gushing over her progressivism, Hathaway asked, “Isn’t it better when you see so many different types of bodies up there with that?”

Original thin

“The Devil Wears Prada” had a $27.5 million opening in June 2006, eventually totaling over $326 million against a $35 million budget. The sequel seems football fields away from its original tone, however, which poked fun at the absurdity of models starving themselves.

One memorable scene included Emily Blunt’s character telling Hathaway’s about her lack of eating in order to stay thin.

“You look so thin,” Hathaway’s character says at an event.

“It’s for Paris. I’m on this new diet,” Blunt replies. “It’s very effective. Well, I don’t eat anything, and when I feel like I’m about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese. … I’m just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.”

RELATED: California doles out over $100M in taxpayer money to massive film studios

Size queens

In another red-carpet interview with Etalk, Hathaway again remarked that she relished the ability to utilize “a more inclusive approach to beauty standards” in the new film, repeating the term “traditionally sized.”

The actress was met by yet another journalist eager to speak about the issue, revealing that she has been a “size inclusivity advocate for 15 years.”

Hathaway boasted to the reporter that she “had seen that there were a lot of traditionally sized models in our movie, and I just know that this movie is for everyone.”

Hathaway even spoke on behalf of her producers, saying they were “so embarrassed” when they realized there was a serious lack of body diversity on the movie set. Now moving the timeline to two hours, she said the producers quickly brought in more girls for the scene.

In what seemed like a borderline-forced happy-go-lucky attitude, the actress concluded that everyone feels “happier” when everybody feels “included.”

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Trump goes to China with THIS surprise guest and an entourage of business leaders

May Day protests merge labor and geopolitical anger across the globe

Kimmel joins Obama-produced HBO show to mock Trump

On 3D Printer File Ban, Courts Need Reminder That Dangerous Speech Is Still Protected Speech

Missouri Committee Kills Second Amendment Preservation Act

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Michigan Senate hopeful deleted posts bashing middle America, wishing return to Calif Michigan Senate hopeful deleted posts bashing middle America, wishing return to Calif
Next Article What Does the Future Hold on Political Violence What Does the Future Hold on Political Violence
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Defense Secretary Hegseth Shows Up For His First Day of Work at the Pentagon,
Defense Secretary Hegseth Shows Up For His First Day of Work at the Pentagon,
Politics
When They Send the Very Best, They’re Still the Worst – ‘Outstanding Refugee’ Fraudster
When They Send the Very Best, They’re Still the Worst – ‘Outstanding Refugee’ Fraudster
Politics
‘Threats will not stop us’: Lila Rose’s pro-life group tells radicals to pound sand after legal threat over calling abortion ‘killing’
‘Threats will not stop us’: Lila Rose’s pro-life group tells radicals to pound sand after legal threat over calling abortion ‘killing’
News
Lawsuit seeks to block Trump visa restrictions on students, journalists
Lawsuit seeks to block Trump visa restrictions on students, journalists
News
Incoming Border Czar Puts Sanctuary City Leaders On Notice, Consequences Incoming
Incoming Border Czar Puts Sanctuary City Leaders On Notice, Consequences Incoming
Politics
Trump AG Pick Pam Bondi Crushes Hearing, Arabs Credit Trump for Ceasefire, Not Biden
Trump AG Pick Pam Bondi Crushes Hearing, Arabs Credit Trump for Ceasefire, Not Biden
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?