By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Ex-California resident charged in $90M Medicare Advantage fraud scheme, feds say
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Ex-California resident charged in $90M Medicare Advantage fraud scheme, feds say
News

Ex-California resident charged in $90M Medicare Advantage fraud scheme, feds say

Jim Taft
Last updated: March 23, 2026 2:39 am
By Jim Taft 3 Min Read
Share
Ex-California resident charged in M Medicare Advantage fraud scheme, feds say
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A foreign national suspected of entering the United States illegally has been charged in a fraud scheme that allegedly attempted to steal more than $90 million in federal health care funds distributed through the Medicare Advantage program, according to the Justice Department.

Anar Rustamov, 38, was indicted by a federal grand jury last week and charged with health care fraud for a scheme involving thousands of false claims for medical equipment totaling more than $90 million, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of California said in a press release.

He previously lived in Sunnyvale, California, and is a foreign national from Azerbaijan who may have entered the United States illegally, according to the release.

LOS ANGELES COUNTY FACES SCRUTINY AFTER ALLEGED WIDESPREAD HOSPICE FRAUD EXPOSED

Rustamov was allegedly part of a scheme to submit thousands of fraudulent claims to Medicare Advantage Organizations on behalf of unsuspecting beneficiaries for medical equipment like blood glucose monitors and orthotic braces, the release states.

The indictment alleges that from October 2024 through June 2025, Rustamov used a company he created, Dublin Helping Hand, to submit large volumes of claims to Medicare Advantage Organizations offering benefit plans.

The scheme allegedly sought reimbursement of more than $90 million for medical equipment that was not provided, not needed by patients or not approved by a medical provider, according to the indictment.

Justice Department seal

The listed patients were unaware that their information was used to submit the claims, and the referring medical provider listed on the submissions did not authorize the claims, the indictment alleges.

Rustamov remains at large, according to federal officials.

“When the Administration declared a War on Fraud, it meant to target exactly this kind of conduct. Rustamov participated in a scheme to steal nearly $100 million in taxpayer funds from a program intended to help those who truly need medical care,” U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of California Craig H. Missakian said in a statement.

DOCTOR DENIES KNOWING ABOUT RAMPANT LA-AREA MEDICARE FRAUD USING HIS PROVIDER NUMBER

Doctor using digital glucose meter for check sample blood sugar level to treatment diabetes.

“Anyone who believes they can make easy money by defrauding such programs should know that we will continue to work with our law enforcement partners to identify, investigate, and prosecute such fraud and abuse,” he continued.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

If convicted, Rustamov could face a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of $250,000 for each violation.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

‘Frankenscience!’ Google plans to release millions of modified mosquitoes into these 3 states

Greg Sankey insists SEC is ‘strongest league’ despite Big Ten winning three straight national championships

NC teen charged as adult in murder of 3 family members in Buncombe County

NASA’s Victor Glover shares gospel as he circles dark side of the moon: ‘Love God with all that you are’

Eric Swalwell lawsuit against Trump administration meets embarrassing end

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Bessent Drops the Mic on Kristen Welker, Hits Her with ‘Good Facts’ [WATCH] Bessent Drops the Mic on Kristen Welker, Hits Her with ‘Good Facts’ [WATCH]
Next Article What a Potential NYPD Staffing Cliff Under Mamdani Looks Like [WATCH] What a Potential NYPD Staffing Cliff Under Mamdani Looks Like [WATCH]
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Trump Unleashes Economic D-Day Campaign to Crush Iran’s Regime [WATCH]
Trump Unleashes Economic D-Day Campaign to Crush Iran’s Regime [WATCH]
Politics
Holly Robinson Peete Blasts Hayden Panettiere’s Mom’s Reaction to Actress’ Death: No ‘Integrity’
Holly Robinson Peete Blasts Hayden Panettiere’s Mom’s Reaction to Actress’ Death: No ‘Integrity’
Politics
Stephen A. Smith gets ‘Thumbs Down’ award — then the black media turns on Jason Whitlock
Stephen A. Smith gets ‘Thumbs Down’ award — then the black media turns on Jason Whitlock
News
Washington’s spending addiction is pushing America toward a fiscal reckoning
Washington’s spending addiction is pushing America toward a fiscal reckoning
News
Anna Faris Reveals Sobriety, Says She Stepped Back From Drinking to Stop Sabotaging Herself
Anna Faris Reveals Sobriety, Says She Stepped Back From Drinking to Stop Sabotaging Herself
Politics
You didn’t build that, Mr. Obama
You didn’t build that, Mr. Obama
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?