By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Ex-prosecutor faces 20 YEARS in prison for allegedly stealing sealed docs from Smith probe labeled as dessert recipes
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Ex-prosecutor faces 20 YEARS in prison for allegedly stealing sealed docs from Smith probe labeled as dessert recipes
News

Ex-prosecutor faces 20 YEARS in prison for allegedly stealing sealed docs from Smith probe labeled as dessert recipes

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 22, 2026 3:26 am
By Jim Taft 12 Min Read
Share
Ex-prosecutor faces 20 YEARS in prison for allegedly stealing sealed docs from Smith probe labeled as dessert recipes
SHARE

A former federal prosecutor is accused of illegally secreting confidential documents about the Trump administration from special counsel Jack Smith.

62-year-old Carmen Mercedes Lineberger is facing two felony charges for theft of the documents plus other charges in the government investigation.

Lineberger is not being detained and did not have to post any bond for release.

Lineberger allegedly emailed herself the documents and labeled the emails as cake recipes, according to prosecutors. She was working at the Fort Pierce branch of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida.

The documents were under seal from the Smith investigation into the alleged mishandling of national security records by President Donald Trump and two co-defendants after his first term in office.

She entered a plea of not guilty on Wednesday.

One of the emails was allegedly labeled “chocolate cake recipe,” while another file was allegedly labeled “Bundt_Cake_Recipe.pdf.”

The second volume of Smith’s report had been sealed by federal Judge Aileen Cannon. Lineberger is accused of violating that order and taking steps to conceal her efforts.

She worked at the prosecutor’s office for almost two decades before retiring in December.

Lineberger is not being detained and did not have to post any bond for release.

Federal prosecutors said she could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted on one charge, three years for another, and one year for each of the two charges of document theft.

RELATED: District Judge Cannon issues ruling on fate of Trump adversary’s Biden-era special report

Cannon, a Trump appointee, ruled that the case should be tossed out because the appointment of Smith as special counsel was unconstitutional.

The Trump administration had argued in Oct. 2024 that the release of the special counsel’s report amounted to election interference.

“Radical Democrats are hell-bent on interfering in the presidential election on behalf of Lyin’ Kamala Harris,” said former campaign spokesman Steven Cheung at the time.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Australian News Article Blasting Defense Industry Shows Just How Deep Anti-Gun Animosity Goes

All The Laws That Failed In Canadian School Shooting

WHCD attendees caught snatching wine bottles off tables amid chaos in aftermath of shooting

Kaleb McGary retires from Atlanta Falcons after season-ending knee injury

Vance highlights EEOC chair’s message to White men facing discrimination

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Fox News True Crime Newsletter: Murdaugh’s new defense, Mangione’s decision Fox News True Crime Newsletter: Murdaugh’s new defense, Mangione’s decision
Next Article Trump’s ,000,000,000 Ballroom Security Request Reportedly Hits Snag With GOP Trump’s $1,000,000,000 Ballroom Security Request Reportedly Hits Snag With GOP
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Quality Learing Center Fraudsters Indicted, CNN Hit Hardest
Quality Learing Center Fraudsters Indicted, CNN Hit Hardest
Politics
Trump’s ,000,000,000 Ballroom Security Request Reportedly Hits Snag With GOP
Trump’s $1,000,000,000 Ballroom Security Request Reportedly Hits Snag With GOP
Politics
Fox News True Crime Newsletter: Murdaugh’s new defense, Mangione’s decision
Fox News True Crime Newsletter: Murdaugh’s new defense, Mangione’s decision
News
Trust the Experts™
Trust the Experts™
Politics
Trump’s ,000,000,000 Ballroom Security Request Reportedly Hits Snag With GOP
Go-To For Political News Can’t Seem To Read The Room For Hottest Political Issue
Politics
Pride president outraged at California city officials for abruptly canceling festival — then officials fire back
Pride president outraged at California city officials for abruptly canceling festival — then officials fire back
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?