By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Red Lobster closing its oldest continuously operating restaurant in Florida
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Red Lobster closing its oldest continuously operating restaurant in Florida
News

Red Lobster closing its oldest continuously operating restaurant in Florida

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 23, 2026 4:00 pm
By Jim Taft 3 Min Read
Share
Red Lobster closing its oldest continuously operating restaurant in Florida
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A Red Lobster restaurant touted as the chain’s oldest continuously operating location will shut after more than half a century.

Red Lobster confirmed to Fox News Digital that its restaurant on North Monroe Street in Tallahassee, FL will be closing. Its last day is May 24.

“This restaurant holds a special place in Red Lobster’s history and has been a meaningful part of the community for decades,” Red Lobster said in a statement.

RED LOBSTER’S PUSH FOR CHEAP DEALS MAY BE BACKFIRING, SAY EXPERTS, AS LOSSES PILE UP

“As part of the normal course of business, Red Lobster continuously evaluates restaurant performance and lease terms and may, from time to time, choose to close or relocate select restaurants. This decision reflects individual business circumstances specific to this location.”

“We hate to see it shut,” the acting general manager of the restaurant told Fox News, adding that they employ “a fantastic crew.”

Red Lobster said that the company is grateful to the guests and team members who have supported the Tallahassee location over the years.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE LIFESTYLE STORIES

Red Lobster closed dozens of locations nationwide before filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May 2024. Many sources have cited the company’s decision to make its famous Endless Shrimp promotion a permanent offering as the reason for the company’s financial troubles.

TEST YOURSELF WITH OUR LATEST LIFESTYLE QUIZ

The company was also dealing with “the fallout from a 2014 move that sold off ownership of the chain’s real estate and saddled the company with lease payments,” Fox Business reported.

A man eats fried food at Red Lobster.

Red Lobster itself acknowledge the $20 all-you-can-eat deal “creates a lot of chaos operationally,” Fox News reported.

RL Investor Holdings LLC acquired Red Lobster in 2024 when it emerged from bankruptcy protection. Damola Adamolekun, former CEO of P.F. Chang’s, became Red Lobster’s new CEO.

He told the Wall Street Journal earlier this year that the seafood chain’s new owners “inherited a very damaged brand” and would be streamlining operations.

The exterior of the Tallahassee Red Lobster.

Under Adamolekun’s leadership, Red Lobster introduced a revamped menu, including new dishes such as lobster pappardelle pasta, bacon-wrapped sea scallops, lobster bisque and lemon basil mahi.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Last month, Endless Shrimp returned to select Red Lobster locations, but Adamolekun made it clear in a statement to Fox13 the promotion would be for a limited time only.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Matthew McConaughey covers Ella Langley’s ‘Choosin’ Texas’ on Fallon

LA Galaxy coach Greg Vanney says Team USA was ‘too naive,’ explains Christian Pulisic’s struggles

Adults are refusing to grow up, and their children are paying the price

Why ‘Suicidal Empathy’ is, in Fact, Suicidal

‘Chelsea Jane Doe’ identified as Pennsylvania teen 26 years after murder

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article The Silent Harvest: China’s State-Sponsored Organ Trade The Silent Harvest: China’s State-Sponsored Organ Trade
Next Article Anne Hathaway denies facelift rumors, reveals simple hack for Hollywood glam Anne Hathaway denies facelift rumors, reveals simple hack for Hollywood glam
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Ariana Grande’s gory chainsaw massacre music video exposes Hollywood’s spiritual sickness
Ariana Grande’s gory chainsaw massacre music video exposes Hollywood’s spiritual sickness
News
Lower costs begin with one simple idea: Let America build more, faster
Lower costs begin with one simple idea: Let America build more, faster
News
Mark Cuban Torches Ro Khanna, Threatens California Investment Exodus Over Billionaire Tax [WATCH]
Mark Cuban Torches Ro Khanna, Threatens California Investment Exodus Over Billionaire Tax [WATCH]
Politics
Todd Blanche Crushes Kristen Welker’s Gotcha Question About Trump [WATCH]
Todd Blanche Crushes Kristen Welker’s Gotcha Question About Trump [WATCH]
Politics
Australia set to start gun buyback scheme after Bondi Beach terror attack
Australia set to start gun buyback scheme after Bondi Beach terror attack
News
Kentucky Concert Bloodshed Leaves One Dead and Four Wounded, Including Two Children [WATCH]
Kentucky Concert Bloodshed Leaves One Dead and Four Wounded, Including Two Children [WATCH]
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?