By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he’ll return to Congress in weeks after absence
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he’ll return to Congress in weeks after absence
News

Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he’ll return to Congress in weeks after absence

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 22, 2026 6:25 am
By Jim Taft 4 Min Read
Share
Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he’ll return to Congress in weeks after absence
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Rep. Tom Kean Jr., R-N.J., said Thursday that he expects to return to Congress “in the next couple of weeks” after missing 100 consecutive House votes during an extended absence tied to what his office has described only as a “personal health matter.”

“My doctors are confident that I’m on the road to a full recovery,” Kean, 57, told the New Jersey Globe in his first public comments since stepping away from Capitol Hill in March.

“I understand the need for public transparency, and I appreciate the support of my constituents,” he added. “I anticipate that in the next couple of weeks, I’ll return to voting and to the campaign trail.”

Kean last voted on March 5 and has missed every House roll call vote since then, according to GovTrack. His absence has drawn heightened attention because Republicans hold a slim majority in the House and because Kean represents one of the country’s most competitive congressional districts ahead of the 2026 midterm elections.

TOM KEAN JR’S PROLONGED ABSENCE PUTS PRESSURE ON HOUSE REPUBLICANS’ RAZOR-THIN MAJORITY

His office has repeatedly declined to disclose details about the illness, saying only that the congressman is focused on recovery and expected to return “soon.” Fox News Digital reached out to a representative for Kean for additional comment.

Last week, Kean’s father, former New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean Sr., told NJ.com that his son was recovering from a “serious illness.”

“You can’t say definitely, but their best guess is now he’ll be out in two or three weeks,” Kean Sr. said, referring to doctors treating his son. “Any time you’ve been through a serious illness, you can’t be 100% the day you get back. You’re gonna be able to do things, but gradually ramping up.”

COMPLEX PARTIAL SEIZURE RULED AS CAUSE OF PAUSING EPISODE DURING HOUSE FLOOR SPEECH, DEM CONGRESSMAN SAYS

Tom Kean Jr. speaking at his election night party in Basking Ridge, New Jersey

Kean Sr. also said doctors expect his son to make a full recovery but declined to discuss the diagnosis.

House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., told reporters this week that he had spoken with Kean recently but was unaware of details surrounding the congressman’s condition.

“We’re expecting him back here soon. He’s had a medical issue,” Johnson said Wednesday. “I don’t even know the details.”

JOHNSON WARNS HOUSE REPUBLICANS TO ‘STAY HEALTHY’ AS GOP MAJORITY SHRINKS TO THE EDGE

House Speaker Mike Johnson speaking during a news conference with House Majority Whip Tom Emmer listening

The absence has become a growing political issue in New Jersey as Democrats target Kean’s swing district. Kean is running unopposed in the Republican primary on June 2, while several Democrats are competing for their party’s nomination.

Earlier this month, a top Kean aide told The New York Times, “There’s no cameras where Tom is.”

Kean consultant Harrison Neely said this week the congressman remains committed to seeking reelection.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

“What I can tell you is that the congressman is dealing with a personal health matter. He is focused on his recovery,” Neely told the New York Post.

Fox News Digital’s Adam Pack contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

How Minnesota’s fraud ‘mastermind’ allegedly wielded power to promote scheme

‘I’ll kill you in the name of Allah’: Knife-wielding male makes death threats in chilling driveway incident; suspect arrested

Virginia Man Sentenced on Machine Gun Charges, Despite Federal Gun Laws

Giffords Nearly Says Quiet Part Out Loud Yet Again

The most honest phrase you’ll hear all week

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Nithya Raman Was Today Years Old When She Learned About the LA Fires and Pathetic City Response Nithya Raman Was Today Years Old When She Learned About the LA Fires and Pathetic City Response
Next Article Top scammer of ‘Feeding Our Future’ fraud in Minnesota NAILED with painful sentence Top scammer of ‘Feeding Our Future’ fraud in Minnesota NAILED with painful sentence
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Top scammer of ‘Feeding Our Future’ fraud in Minnesota NAILED with painful sentence
Top scammer of ‘Feeding Our Future’ fraud in Minnesota NAILED with painful sentence
News
Nithya Raman Was Today Years Old When She Learned About the LA Fires and Pathetic City Response
Nithya Raman Was Today Years Old When She Learned About the LA Fires and Pathetic City Response
Politics
EXCLUSIVE: NY Democrat Backed Expunging Records Of Violent Felons — Now His District Living With Fallout
EXCLUSIVE: NY Democrat Backed Expunging Records Of Violent Felons — Now His District Living With Fallout
Politics
Trump defends Chinese students in US colleges — and conservatives are confused
Trump defends Chinese students in US colleges — and conservatives are confused
News
Rubio orders arrest of Cuban national with alleged ties to Havana regime
Rubio orders arrest of Cuban national with alleged ties to Havana regime
News
NEW: DNC Autopsy ‘Paints Dismal Picture’ While Burying the Biden Cover-Up and Harris’ Incompetence
NEW: DNC Autopsy ‘Paints Dismal Picture’ While Burying the Biden Cover-Up and Harris’ Incompetence
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?