By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Rod Stewart nearly faints on stage, needs oxygen during Utah concert
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Rod Stewart nearly faints on stage, needs oxygen during Utah concert
News

Rod Stewart nearly faints on stage, needs oxygen during Utah concert

Jim Taft
Last updated: June 21, 2026 4:54 pm
By Jim Taft 5 Min Read
Share
Rod Stewart nearly faints on stage, needs oxygen during Utah concert
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Rod Stewart nearly suffered a medical emergency mid-show just weeks after canceling multiple gigs over health issues.

On Friday, the 81-year-old musician — who was performing at the Utah First Credit Union Amphitheatre in West Valley City — sparked concern after noticeably slowing down mid-concert.

In a video obtained by TMZ, Stewart began to heavily lean on various pieces of equipment while still attempting to perform. At one point, he turned around and gave a nod to a team of people backstage who quickly tended to him.

One woman brought out an oxygen tank, while another put a cold compress on his neck.

ROD STEWART’S WIFE SAYS SHE WOULD HAVE LEFT HIM IF HE REFUSED TO HAVE CHILDREN

“The show must go on,” Stewart said in the microphone, before admitting he “nearly fainted.”

A representative for Stewart did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.

Last month, Stewart canceled two shows in Las Vegas just hours before he was set to take the stage.

ROD STEWART’S WIFE PENNY LANCASTER SAYS SHE ‘DESERVES A MEDAL’ FOR 26-YEAR RELATIONSHIP

The rock legend was set to perform at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace on May 29 and 30, but before the doors opened, the event was scrapped.

The 81-year-old rock legend has canceled a slew of gigs over the past few weeks. 

A representative for Stewart told the Las Vegas Review, “Following his doctor’s advice, Rod Stewart has regretfully canceled his performances at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas on May 29 and 30, but is scheduled to return with shows beginning June 2.”2

An additional statement from Stewart himself read, “My apologies to my family of fans. I am on vocal rest as I recover from a sinus infection. I look forward to seeing you at a future show at Caesars Palace or on tour this summer.”

ROD STEWART’S AI-GENERATED OZZY OSBOURNE TRIBUTE FEATURING DEAD MUSICIANS LEAVES FANS DIVIDED

Earlier this month, Stweart canceled additional shows in California.

“Well, here I am in beautiful Chula Vista as the stage is being taken down around me. Following treatment, I’m feeling much better, but my voice is not,” he wrote on his Instagram Stories at the time, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

“I’m very disappointed and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience to my fans. I did everything I could to make the show happen tonight, but unfortunately it just wasn’t possible. I will do my utmost to reschedule,” he said.

One day later, Stewart shared a video in which he was seen on his private jet with his sons Liam, 31 and Alastair, 20.

“Me and the boys off to Boston to see our Scotland in the World Cup! No Scotland no party,” he wrote in the caption.

After videos and photos surfaced of Stewart enjoying the soccer match, the musician sparked backlash with some fans venting their outrage in the comments section of his post.

Stewart previously said he has no plans of stepping back from performing. 

“This feels rather disingenuous, especially after your cancellation last night. Too ill to perform but okay to fly across the country for soccer?” wrote one Instagram user.

“So you blew off all the people in San Diego that wanted to see you in concert but able to go to the world cup I see! I’m a huge fan of yours but I don’t think that’s cool,” added another.

LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

While Stewart has yet to address the recent onstage hiccup, he has made it clear that he has no plans to give up music.

In 2024, after announcing a farewell tour, he clarified that he was giving up big tours — not performing altogether.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

“This will be the end of large-scale world tours for me, but I have no desire to retire,” he shared in a statement on social media. “I love what I do, and I do what I love.”

He continued, “I’m fit, have a full head of hair, and can run 100 meters in 18 seconds at the jolly old age of 79.”

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Arkansas football player discovers would-be assassin hiding in the unlikeliest of places

Mullin says Homeland Security, War Department probing Singham network in USA

Trump’s endorsement power faces its biggest test in May 2026 primaries

American Culture Quiz: Test yourself on Founding Fathers, vaccine victories and more

NANNY STATE: UK’s pointless teen social media ban a fitting legacy for hapless, hated Keir Starmer

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article ‘I Finally Shot a Good Group.’ The Story of Jim Carmichel’s Benchrest World Record ‘I Finally Shot a Good Group.’ The Story of Jim Carmichel’s Benchrest World Record
Next Article Christians beware: This ‘spiritual counterfeit’ is already in your church Christians beware: This ‘spiritual counterfeit’ is already in your church
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Absurdity of the Week
Absurdity of the Week
Politics
James Talarico shamelessly panders on Karmelo Anthony verdict — on New York-based radio show
James Talarico shamelessly panders on Karmelo Anthony verdict — on New York-based radio show
News
Tiny kitten rode hundreds of miles trapped in car from New Jersey to Georgia
Tiny kitten rode hundreds of miles trapped in car from New Jersey to Georgia
News
Darth Vader and the Vandals Vs. Flock Cameras
Darth Vader and the Vandals Vs. Flock Cameras
Politics
Ariana Grande shares her ‘truth’ with the Trump White House
Ariana Grande shares her ‘truth’ with the Trump White House
News
Trump rallies for Darline Graham in South Carolina ahead of Senate runoff race
Trump rallies for Darline Graham in South Carolina ahead of Senate runoff race
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?