By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: South Carolina river brawl leads to 6 arrests after massive fight on video
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > South Carolina river brawl leads to 6 arrests after massive fight on video
News

South Carolina river brawl leads to 6 arrests after massive fight on video

Jim Taft
Last updated: June 19, 2026 9:10 pm
By Jim Taft 4 Min Read
Share
South Carolina river brawl leads to 6 arrests after massive fight on video
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A popular South Carolina river hangout erupted into chaos when a massive brawl broke out, with shocking video showing dozens of people crowding around as punches flew and fighters grappled in the water.

Videos from the June 6 incident at the 601 Sand Bar on the Congaree River in Calhoun County show multiple fights breaking out simultaneously while large crowds gathered to watch.

In one video, several people can be seen throwing punches while others attempt to separate those involved. Another clip shows people wrestling and exchanging blows in knee-deep water as bystanders shout and record the chaos on their phones.

The violent confrontation has now led to six arrests and a continuing investigation by the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office.

FLORIDA SHERIFF RIPS ‘REPREHENSIBLE’ LAKE BRAWL AFTER 8 ARRESTED

Investigators previously told WIS-TV that more than 20 people were involved in the fight and that at least three people suffered injuries ranging from swollen eyes to head injuries.

🔍 Help us uncover what’s happening in your community.

📩 Email: [email protected]

📸 Instagram: @fndstephprice

🎥 X: @StephenyPrice

Your tip could become our next story.

“The injuries were severe,” Calhoun County Sheriff Thomas Summers told the outlet.

Authorities have not publicly identified what sparked the violence, but Summers said alcohol was a factor and that deputies identified numerous cases of underage drinking.

GOT A TIP?

A large crowd surrounds a fight at the 601 Sand Bar on the Congaree River in South Carolina

“To see that many people swinging, fighting, it could have been really, really bad and I’m sure there are injuries that we haven’t heard about. That’s just the nature of that type of beast,” Summers told WIS.

FOLLOW US ON X

“The water and drinking don’t mix,” he added. “It could be a family setting. Obviously, this would not be a good place to take your children if you wanted to because of things like this.”

WATCH: Chaotic sandbar fight spills into water during massive riverfront brawl

GET BREAKING NEWS BY EMAIL

The fight occurred during the annual Sparkleberry Duck Run, an event that draws boaters and outdoor enthusiasts to the Congaree River each year, according to WIS.

ORANGE CRUSH FESTIVAL RETURNS TO TYBEE ISLAND AS POLICE BRACE FOR 50,000 PARTIERS AFTER TEEN TAKEOVER, GUNFIRE

According to the sheriff’s office, six people have been arrested in connection with the brawl. Authorities identified the suspects as Brendan Bonds, Hunter Dalzell, Lucas Scott, Edward Scott, Austin Mizzell and Taylor Knudson. The suspects face various assault and breach-of-peace charges stemming from the incident.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE US NEWS

The sheriff’s office said the investigation remains active and additional arrests are expected as detectives continue reviewing video and information submitted by the public.

Fox News Digital has reached out to the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office for additional comment.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

In announcing the arrests, Summers said authorities are continuing to investigate the incident and encouraged anyone with information to contact investigators.

“This kind of behavior will not be tolerated,” the sheriff said.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

William Shatner shares life advice and wisdom on his 95th birthday

Iran uses low-cost UAVs to drive up US defense costs, drone CEO says

Liberal Minneapolis City Council Members Say ‘No’ to Crime Fighting Grant for the Dumbest Reason

Sara Gonzales goes to ‘mentally ill’ Texas Democrat Convention — gets booted after confronting Talarico supporters

Don’t Tell Me China Is Blameless in This Mess

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Ismaël Koné Suffers a Broken Leg in Canada’s Win Over Qatar Ismaël Koné Suffers a Broken Leg in Canada’s Win Over Qatar
Next Article ‘This is the greatest country in the world’: Vietnam vet’s powerful remarks will leave you speechless ‘This is the greatest country in the world’: Vietnam vet’s powerful remarks will leave you speechless
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

California regulates everything — except the trial lawyers exploiting it
California regulates everything — except the trial lawyers exploiting it
News
Julia Child helped popularize fondue and other classic 1960s dishes
Julia Child helped popularize fondue and other classic 1960s dishes
News
Luke Bryan Playfully Tries White House Press Secretary Role with Jason Aldean at His Side [WATCH]
Luke Bryan Playfully Tries White House Press Secretary Role with Jason Aldean at His Side [WATCH]
Politics
College Football’s Wild West Just Got Wilder With NFL Player Heading Back to the Transfer Portal
College Football’s Wild West Just Got Wilder With NFL Player Heading Back to the Transfer Portal
Politics
Steve Deace: Young men’s energy will go somewhere — the right must decide where
Steve Deace: Young men’s energy will go somewhere — the right must decide where
News
CBS covers WNBA transgender debate as broadcast networks look away
CBS covers WNBA transgender debate as broadcast networks look away
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?