By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Stephen Colbert melts down after CBS pulls interview with Democrat just months before his show ends
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Stephen Colbert melts down after CBS pulls interview with Democrat just months before his show ends
News

Stephen Colbert melts down after CBS pulls interview with Democrat just months before his show ends

Jim Taft
Last updated: February 17, 2026 11:08 pm
By Jim Taft 13 Min Read
Share
Stephen Colbert melts down after CBS pulls interview with Democrat just months before his show ends
SHARE

Late-night talk show host Stephen Colbert lashed out at the Trump administration about equal time demands over an interview with a Democratic candidate trying to flip a U.S. Senate seat for Texas.

Colbert said the interview with Democratic Senate candidate James Talarico was axed after the Federal Communications Commission issued new guidance declaring that late-night shows needed to provide equal time to competing candidates in political races.

‘Because my network clearly does not want us to talk about this … let’s talk about this.’

“[Talarico] was supposed to be here, but we were told in no uncertain terms by our network’s lawyers, who called us directly, that we could not have him on the broadcast,” said Colbert, who added that he was told by showrunners not to mention the issue.

“And because my network clearly does not want us to talk about this … let’s talk about this,” said Colbert.

He went on to post the interview with Talarico on social media rather than broadcast it. Colbert addressed FCC Chair Brendan Carr directly in his monologue.

“I think you are motivated by partisan purposes yourself,” said Colbert. “Let’s just call this what it is. Donald Trump’s administration wants to silence anyone who says anything bad about Trump on TV because all Trump does is watch TV. OK?”

In the interview posted online, Talarico praised Colbert and said he was an exemplar of Christianity.

“I just want to thank you, Stephen, because I know you’re not a politician, but you have really shown people in this country what Christianity should be and what it means to actually live out the teachings of Jesus, even in a talk show,” he said.

Colbert’s show will end in May, CBS announced in July after citing financial considerations. Many on the left have accused the Trump administration of using its influence to shut down the show over the host’s anti-Trump tirades.

Late-night and daytime talk shows had been previously exempted from the equal time rules before the new FCC guidance.

RELATED: Trump says Colbert is to blame for his show’s cancellation — but adds Kimmel and Fallon are next

The Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression also criticized the policy change at the FCC.

“By putting pressure on late-night talk shows critical of the Trump administration while openly admitting that conservative talk radio is immune from the FCC’s ire, he’s making himself the poster boy for big government putting its thumb on the scale of political debate,” said FIRE chief counsel Robert Corn-Revere in part.

“Carr used to say that the FCC cannot act as the nation’s speech police, but now that he is chairman, he has worn the badge proudly,” he added.

The president denied being solely responsible for the decision to end Colbert’s show.

“Everybody is saying that I was solely responsible for the firing of Stephen Colbert from CBS, Late Night. That is not true! The reason he was fired was a pure lack of TALENT, and the fact that this deficiency was costing CBS $50 Million Dollars a year in losses — And it was only going to get WORSE!” Trump wrote in July.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Trump gives Hamas 48 hours to return all deceased hostage bodies

The UN once defended the oppressed. Now it defends the powerful.

SCOTUS Isn’t the Only Supreme Court Hearing an Important 2A Case

DC grand juries refuse to indict two accused of making Trump death threats

Vance schools yappy student on problems with immigration: ‘There’s too many people who want to come’

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Michael Douglas ‘Wall Street’ role was offered to Warren Beatty, Richard Gere first Michael Douglas ‘Wall Street’ role was offered to Warren Beatty, Richard Gere first
Next Article AOC Spent Months Prepping For Disastrous Munich Appearance, Blames Conservatives For Poor Reviews AOC Spent Months Prepping For Disastrous Munich Appearance, Blames Conservatives For Poor Reviews
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Here’s the Top 10 Insider Traders of 2025, All Made More Than $17 Million in One Year [WATCH]
Here’s the Top 10 Insider Traders of 2025, All Made More Than $17 Million in One Year [WATCH]
Politics
Trans Activist Whose Complaints Got Graham Linehan Arrested Winds Up in Police Van
Trans Activist Whose Complaints Got Graham Linehan Arrested Winds Up in Police Van
Politics
AOC Spent Months Prepping For Disastrous Munich Appearance, Blames Conservatives For Poor Reviews
EXCLUSIVE: Lawyer Who Helped Take Down Roe V. Wade Joins Forces With Rising Conservative Firm
Politics
From Leader of Radical Vegan, Trans Cult to Second Amendment Defender
From Leader of Radical Vegan, Trans Cult to Second Amendment Defender
News
The left’s effort to mobilize kids against ICE: ‘Evil and ghoulish behavior’
The left’s effort to mobilize kids against ICE: ‘Evil and ghoulish behavior’
News
Oscar nominee Wunmi Mosaku can’t celebrate amid Minnesota ICE deaths
Oscar nominee Wunmi Mosaku can’t celebrate amid Minnesota ICE deaths
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?