By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Federal judge raises concerns Trump administration not complying with ICE
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Federal judge raises concerns Trump administration not complying with ICE
News

Federal judge raises concerns Trump administration not complying with ICE

Jim Taft
Last updated: February 19, 2026 4:48 pm
By Jim Taft 4 Min Read
Share
Federal judge raises concerns Trump administration not complying with ICE
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A federal judge in Colorado has questioned whether the Trump administration is complying with his order barring warrantless ICE arrests in the state, according to Colorado Public Radio.

Senior U.S. District Judge R. Brooke Jackson, who was appointed by former President Barack Obama, said during a hearing Wednesday that the Department of Justice appeared to be falling short of his November injunction requiring flight-risk assessments and warrants before detaining people, CPR News reported.

“These things shouldn’t be that difficult,” Jackson said, according to CPR.

“The policy of [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] was a good policy and all they have to do is comply with their own policies, and we’re good,” he added. “But, for whatever reason, they insisted on not agreeing to that… and here we are sitting here today. I don’t get that.”

JUDGE ORDERS MIGRANT DEPORTED IN ‘ERROR’ FREE FROM ICE CUSTODY WITH CRIMINAL CASE LOOMING

Jackson issued the injunction on Nov. 25, 2025, in a class-action lawsuit brought by the ACLU of Colorado and partner legal groups, according to a press release from the organization. The lawsuit alleged ICE agents were making arrests without judicial warrants and without determining whether individuals were both unlawfully present and likely to flee before a warrant could be obtained.

The case initially centered on four plaintiffs, including University of Utah student Caroline Dias Goncalves, who was brought to the United States from Brazil as a child, according to the ACLU. The organization said she was detained following a traffic stop and held for more than two weeks before being released.

Under the order, ICE officers may not make warrantless arrests unless they have probable cause to believe a person is in violation of immigration law and likely to escape before a warrant can be secured. In granting relief, Jackson wrote that while ICE has authority to enforce immigration laws, “in carrying out these responsibilities, [ICE agents] must follow the law,” according to the ACLU.

JUDGE BLOCKS ICE FROM MAKING WARRANTLESS ARRESTS IN DC WITHOUT FLIGHT-RISK PROOF

ICE Agents approach a home

During Wednesday’s hearing, ACLU attorneys argued that arrest records turned over to them show continuing violations of the injunction, CPR reported.

“They are in fact detaining and arresting people before they call headquarters. The arrests are being effectuated without a warrant,” Tim Macdonald, legal director for the ACLU of Colorado, said, according to CPR. “All of the I-213s we submitted show ongoing violations of your order.”

Macdonald added that the reports reviewed so far do not reflect documented flight-risk assessments or judicial warrants. 

“We are seeing uniform non-compliance,” he said, according to CPR.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Brad Leneis acknowledged that some arrest forms did not fully reflect the requirements set out in the court’s order.

Federal ICE agents

“Looking at these I-213s, it doesn’t give the description of the arrest that is required by the court’s order,” Leneis said, according to CPR.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

However, Leneis told the judge the government has taken steps since December to implement new procedures and argued that compliance has improved.

“We started with zero, we had a lot of things to get in place,” he said, according to CPR. “We think the numbers now are better than they were in December.”

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Charlie Kirk’s legacy of faith, study, and sacrifice

Washington Dulles found to be most expensive US airport at $475, according to new study

Explaining Mamdani’s appeal to the young, with polling

Trump must NEVER cave to Walz and the mob demanding ICE’s elimination

‘This is where ICE has come to die’: Self-identified Antifa member arrested for threats against federal agents, DOJ says

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Podcaster Accuses ‘Brown-Skinned’ Rubio of ‘White-Nationalist’ Agenda After Munich Speech [WATCH] Podcaster Accuses ‘Brown-Skinned’ Rubio of ‘White-Nationalist’ Agenda After Munich Speech [WATCH]
Next Article Iran strike looms as Trump hosts Board of Peace Iran strike looms as Trump hosts Board of Peace
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

McConnell Sabotages SAVE Act as 90% of His Voters Demand Citizenship Checks [WATCH]
McConnell Sabotages SAVE Act as 90% of His Voters Demand Citizenship Checks [WATCH]
Politics
Woe, Canada: Liberals Brainstorm Spiffy Plan to Beef Up Currently Pathetic Military
Woe, Canada: Liberals Brainstorm Spiffy Plan to Beef Up Currently Pathetic Military
Politics
Democrats Stay Mum On Keeping Indicted Lawmaker’s Campaign Cash
Democrats Stay Mum On Keeping Indicted Lawmaker’s Campaign Cash
Politics
Cawthon: 2A Supporters Need Results Before Midterms
Cawthon: 2A Supporters Need Results Before Midterms
News
Sara Gonzales: Sharia law is already illegal — so now ban halal meat
Sara Gonzales: Sharia law is already illegal — so now ban halal meat
News
Trump jokes about Nobel Prize snub at Board of Peace meeting
Trump jokes about Nobel Prize snub at Board of Peace meeting
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?