By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: More than 3 million illegal immigrants left US under Trump, DHS reports
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > More than 3 million illegal immigrants left US under Trump, DHS reports
News

More than 3 million illegal immigrants left US under Trump, DHS reports

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 21, 2026 10:18 pm
By Jim Taft 3 Min Read
Share
More than 3 million illegal immigrants left US under Trump, DHS reports
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

President Donald Trump’s first year back in office has seen more than 3 million illegal immigrants leave the United States, including an estimated 2.2 million “self-deportations,” according to figures shared with Fox News Digital by the Department of Homeland Security.

DHS said the administration has also deported nearly 900,000 illegal immigrants and arrested more than 900,000 others as of May 17, framing the numbers as evidence Trump’s immigration crackdown is reshaping migration patterns after record illegal crossings during former President Joe Biden’s administration.

“In President Trump’s first year back in office, more than 3 million illegal aliens have left the U.S. because of the Trump administration’s crackdown on illegal immigration including an estimated 2.2 million self-deportations,” a DHS spokesperson told Fox News Digital.

The administration has increasingly promoted self-deportation through the CBP Home app, which allows migrants to voluntarily leave the country with travel assistance and financial support.

DHS DEFENDS AD BLITZ AMID SENATE SCRUTINY, SAYS CAMPAIGN DROVE 2.2M SELF-DEPORTATIONS AND SAVED TAXPAYERS $39B

DHS says the program costs significantly less than traditional deportation proceedings and is designed to encourage migrants in the country illegally to leave voluntarily.

The figures come as the administration touts dramatic declines in illegal crossings and what officials describe as the end of “catch-and-release” policies at the southern border.

Last week, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Border Patrol had gone a full year without releasing illegal immigrants directly into the U.S. interior after apprehension at the border.

SOUTHERN BORDER APPREHENSIONS PLUNGE MORE THAN 90% FROM YEAR AGO IN APRIL, CBP SAYS

CBP said Border Patrol recorded 8,943 apprehensions at the southwestern border in April, a 94% drop from the Biden administration’s monthly average and 96% below the December 2023 peak.

Homeland Security Secretary Markwayne Mullin said last week that “the days of catch and release are over,” arguing the administration’s enforcement policies are deterring migrants from attempting to enter the country illegally.

The administration has also pointed to increased ICE operations, tighter asylum restrictions and expanded interior enforcement as factors contributing to what officials describe as a broader deterrence effect.

Markwayne Mullin speaking during a cabinet meeting at the White House in Washington, D.C.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Immigration analysts say the administration’s tougher enforcement posture has clearly reduced illegal crossings, though some dispute how DHS characterizes some of the figures tied to migrant releases and removals.

Fox News Digital’s Alec Schemmel contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Note to Those Who Lost People in Mass Shootings: Guns Are Cool. Get Over It.

Ben Affleck pushes back on AI fears in Hollywood on Joe Rogan’s podcast

Will Republicans fight for the SAVE Act — or fold again?

Democrats promised to quickly rebuild after Los Angeles fires destroyed homes and lives — they aren’t delivering

White House slams ‘rude and low IQ’ Maxine Waters after Scott Bessent crushes her during congressional hearing

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Supreme Court: US Companies Can Sue Over Property Stolen by Cuba Supreme Court: US Companies Can Sue Over Property Stolen by Cuba
Next Article Florida art teacher fired after video shows her hanging black baby doll in her classroom Florida art teacher fired after video shows her hanging black baby doll in her classroom
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Elderly San Diego Trump Supporter Beaten Nearly to Death, Motive Unclear
Elderly San Diego Trump Supporter Beaten Nearly to Death, Motive Unclear
Politics
Republican Defies Trump, Joins Democrat To Kill Weaponization Victim Fund
Republican Defies Trump, Joins Democrat To Kill Weaponization Victim Fund
Politics
Massachusetts Lawmakers Taking Brave Steps to Deal With Non-Issue of Armed Drones
Massachusetts Lawmakers Taking Brave Steps to Deal With Non-Issue of Armed Drones
News
‘The march of Islam’: Chip Roy tells Steve Deace America will surpass France and England in the Islamization of the West
‘The march of Islam’: Chip Roy tells Steve Deace America will surpass France and England in the Islamization of the West
News
Alexi Lalas on USMNT World Cup pressure concerns: ‘Cry me a river’
Alexi Lalas on USMNT World Cup pressure concerns: ‘Cry me a river’
News
Speech Is Violence, Violence Is Speech Part Deux
Speech Is Violence, Violence Is Speech Part Deux
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?