By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: California School Sued After Students Receive Qurans and Hijab Encouragement During Mosque Field Trip [WATCH]
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > Politics > California School Sued After Students Receive Qurans and Hijab Encouragement During Mosque Field Trip [WATCH]
Politics

California School Sued After Students Receive Qurans and Hijab Encouragement During Mosque Field Trip [WATCH]

Jim Taft
Last updated: August 17, 2026 1:25 pm
By Jim Taft 5 Min Read
Share
California School Sued After Students Receive Qurans and Hijab Encouragement During Mosque Field Trip [WATCH]
SHARE

A group of parents and former students is suing a California school district over a fall 2025 field trip to a mosque that allegedly included students receiving Qurans and being encouraged to wear hijabs, as reported by The Post Millennial.

The legal action involves Palo Alto High School and stems from a trip organized through the school’s Social Justice Pathway program.

The parents allege that the school presented Islam as connected to social justice work and failed to maintain appropriate religious neutrality during the outing.

Palo Alto High School students encouraged to wear hijabs, given Qurans during class trip to mosque: suit https://t.co/iMFroze0Uo

— kovy1 (@KOVALEV022473) August 16, 2026

The lawsuit also raises concerns about student privacy. According to the parents, photographs were taken during the trip and later posted online without parental consent.

Gold. Upgraded. Buy real gold from $1. Store it in America. Sell it with one click.

The group bringing the lawsuit is represented by Community Members for Religious Neutrality in Public. The lawsuit names the Palo Alto High School principal and the school district as defendants.

The district has pushed back on the allegations, at least in terms of what it has been able to independently verify so far.

Palo Alto Unified School District Superintendent Jason Glass said in a statement to the San Francisco Chronicle that district officials learned about the lawsuit through media reports and had not yet been formally served.

Glass said he had reviewed the complaint but that the district could not independently verify the allegations made in it.

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

The parents are seeking an admission from the district that it failed to properly supervise students and violated the privacy rights of students and their parents.

The lawsuit also alleges that students were “exposed” to Zahra Billoo, executive director of the Bay Area office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Billoo has previously attracted attention over public comments, including statements condemning Zionists.

She rejected the lawsuit and described the legal action as “misguided,” while maintaining that participation in the mosque visit was voluntary.

“Public schools and the government have an obligation to remain neutral toward religion, but what neutrality does not mean is shielding students entirely,” Billoo said.

“The job of educators is to teach students and expose them to different worldviews. That’s what happened here.”

“One of the most important ways we combat hate is to learn about each other,” Billoo added.

“I am concerned that this group of parents not only wants to counteract that for their own children… but is attempting to intimidate schools and school districts from doing necessary work of educating the next generation.”

The dispute places competing claims about religious neutrality and public education at the center of the lawsuit.

The parents argue that the field trip crossed a line by encouraging students to participate in practices associated with Islam while presenting the religion through the school’s social justice curriculum.

Billoo, meanwhile, argues that exposing students to different religious and cultural perspectives is part of the educational mission of public schools and that students were not required to participate.

The district’s superintendent has not confirmed the parents’ allegations, emphasizing that officials could not independently verify the claims contained in the complaint.

The district also said it had learned of the lawsuit through media reports and had not yet been formally served.

The case now puts the details of the 2025 field trip, including what students were given, what activities they were encouraged to participate in, how photographs were handled and how the visit fit within the Social Justice Pathway program, under legal scrutiny.

The lawsuit will ultimately have to address whether the school district maintained religious neutrality, properly supervised students, and protected student and parental privacy during the outing.

For the parents involved, those questions are at the heart of their legal challenge to Palo Alto High School and the school district.

Gold is the oldest answer. SoundMoney makes owning it as easy as the apps you already use.


The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Michigan Finally Has an Actual Adult in Charge After Sherrone Moore Disaster Went From Embarrassing to Unavoidable

‘This Ain’t Real Protest, It’s a Coordinated Hit Job to Distract From Democrat Fraud’ [WATCH]

‘Cluster F*ck’: Trump’s Dramatic Feud With Senate Republicans Boils Over

Dr. Fauci’s Arrogant Silence Screams Guilt on COVID Cover-Up [WATCH]

ICE Agents Now at Airports Nationwide

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Trump Orders Pete Hegseth to Scale Back U.S.-South Korea Military Exercises [WATCH] Trump Orders Pete Hegseth to Scale Back U.S.-South Korea Military Exercises [WATCH]
Next Article Scottie Scheffler terrorizes Memphis, Rory McIlroy completely mails it in, and Jordan Spieth is done Scottie Scheffler terrorizes Memphis, Rory McIlroy completely mails it in, and Jordan Spieth is done
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Haley Stevens Pushes El Sayed to Cut Hasan Piker Ties After Bruising Primary [WATCH]
Haley Stevens Pushes El Sayed to Cut Hasan Piker Ties After Bruising Primary [WATCH]
Politics
Alaskan Democrat Scrambles to Escape Kamala Harris Fundraising Embrace [WATCH]
Alaskan Democrat Scrambles to Escape Kamala Harris Fundraising Embrace [WATCH]
Politics
Mixed Signals or Taqiyya? Hamas Pledges Disarmament As Iran Plots Wider War
Mixed Signals or Taqiyya? Hamas Pledges Disarmament As Iran Plots Wider War
Politics
Trump again threatens to bomb ALLY over Iran negotiations
Trump again threatens to bomb ALLY over Iran negotiations
News
Tom Brady says too many NFL players are ‘looking for easy ways out’ by skipping preseason games
Tom Brady says too many NFL players are ‘looking for easy ways out’ by skipping preseason games
News
Colt’s Vietnam Prototype AK/M16 Hybrid: the Model 703
Colt’s Vietnam Prototype AK/M16 Hybrid: the Model 703
Guns
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?