By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Congo team must isolate to enter US for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > Congo team must isolate to enter US for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak
News

Congo team must isolate to enter US for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 23, 2026 6:01 pm
By Jim Taft 3 Min Read
Share
Congo team must isolate to enter US for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Congo is dealing with an outbreak of Ebola, and executive director of the White House Task Force for the World Cup Andrew Giuliani said the Congolese national soccer team must isolate if they want to enter the United States for the global tournament.

The U.S. has told FIFA, the Congolese government and national soccer team, that they must isolate for 21 days in order to enter the country for the World Cup. The team is currently training in Belgium and is scheduled to play two warmup games there.

“We’ve been very clear to Congo that they should maintain the integrity of their bubble for 21 days before they can then come to Houston on June 11,” Giuliani told ESPN. “We’ve made it very clear to the Congo government as well that they need to maintain that bubble or they risk not being able to travel to the United States. We cannot be any clearer.”

“We want to make sure that there is nothing that’s going to come in or near our borders here on this,” he said.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been monitoring two American doctors who were in quarantine in Europe after being exposed to Ebola, Giuliani said. He said they have discussed sending staff to Belgium to check on the Congo team.

In Congo last week, they had a confirmed outbreak of Bundibugyo, a rare type of Ebola. It is thought to have killed more than 130 people, with nearly 600 suspected cases.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Lens' DR Congo defender Arthur Masuaku and Malian midfielder Amadou Haidara training at Stade de France stadium

“If there are other people that are going to be coming in, they need to have a separate bubble from that team. If they end up coming, and any of those people end up symptomatic, they are risking the entire team being able to come and compete in this World Cup,” Giuliani said.

The CDC announced this week that all foreign nationals who had been in Congo, Uganda and South Sudan within the past three weeks would be banned from entry into the United States for 30 days.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Renaldo Cephas and Brian Cipenga fighting for the ball during a soccer match

The Congo canceled a planned farewell by the team to fans and a three-day World Cup preparation training camp on Wednesday.

Congo is in Group K and is scheduled to play Portugal in their opening game in Houston on June 17. Their next two games are against Colombia in Guadalajara, Mexico, on June 23, and Uzbekistan in Atlanta on June 27.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Ashley Graham says GLP-1 trend is a ‘smack in the face’ to many women

Bengals’ team flight hits snag ahead of Thanksgiving game vs Ravens

Michigan Senate candidate El-Sayed defends Hasan Piker, slams Joe Rogan

Appeals court decides on Alina Habba’s fate as NJ US attorney

Fifth Circuit’s Suppressor Decision Could Gut Second Amendment Protections

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Jamie Dimon Warns NYC’s Socialist Mayor To Compete Or Watch Jobs Vanish [WATCH] Jamie Dimon Warns NYC’s Socialist Mayor To Compete Or Watch Jobs Vanish [WATCH]
Next Article Ivanka Trump Reportedly Targeted For Assassination By Foreign Agent Ivanka Trump Reportedly Targeted For Assassination By Foreign Agent
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

AOC’s fiery voting rights speech mocked after major speech blunder in Alabama
AOC’s fiery voting rights speech mocked after major speech blunder in Alabama
News
Credit freezes can’t stop these 5 types of identity fraud in 2025
Credit freezes can’t stop these 5 types of identity fraud in 2025
News
Elizabeth Warren Under Fire After Praising Democrat With Nazi Tattoo Who Mocked Wounded Veteran [WATCH]
Elizabeth Warren Under Fire After Praising Democrat With Nazi Tattoo Who Mocked Wounded Veteran [WATCH]
Politics
Nick Kristof Flunks Journalism 101 Again
Nick Kristof Flunks Journalism 101 Again
Politics
Ivanka Trump Reportedly Targeted For Assassination By Foreign Agent
Ivanka Trump Reportedly Targeted For Assassination By Foreign Agent
Politics
Jamie Dimon Warns NYC’s Socialist Mayor To Compete Or Watch Jobs Vanish [WATCH]
Jamie Dimon Warns NYC’s Socialist Mayor To Compete Or Watch Jobs Vanish [WATCH]
Politics
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?