By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: New York state blocks second Long Island school transgender bathroom ban
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > News > New York state blocks second Long Island school transgender bathroom ban
News

New York state blocks second Long Island school transgender bathroom ban

Jim Taft
Last updated: December 4, 2025 7:43 am
By Jim Taft 3 Min Read
Share
New York state blocks second Long Island school transgender bathroom ban
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

New York state has blocked another school district from enacting a transgender bathroom ban, the second Long Island district that the state has stepped in to prohibit from enforcing such a restriction, according to officials.

Locust Valley School District had adopted a resolution to prohibit transgender students from using bathrooms and locker rooms that are not consistent with their biological sex, but the ban cannot be enforced under an order issued last month by state Education Commissioner Betty Rosa, according to the New York Post.

The district’s bathroom ban is similar to the first-in-the-state ban passed in Massapequa just weeks earlier that was also blocked.

“In accordance with the Commissioner’s directive, and absent an overriding administrative or judicial determination, the district must now follow the Commissioner’s interpretation of state law, which is that students may use a bathroom or locker room consistent with their gender Identity,” the Locust Valley School Board said in a statement.

BOYS BRANDED SEXUAL HARASSERS FOR COMPLAINTS ABOUT TRANS CLASSMATE USING THEIR LOCKER ROOM GO TO FEDERAL COURT

The order blocking Locust Valley’s policy comes amid the ongoing legal battle in Massapequa, where the New York Civil Liberties Union challenged that district’s policy on behalf of a transgender student, the New York Post reported.

In Massapequa’s case, Rosa issued an interim stay in October barring it from enforcing its resolution pending an “ultimate determination.”

Locust Valley has now been added as a related party because of the “near identical nature” of the districts’ policies, according to the new order.

LONG ISLAND COUNTY EXECUTIVE VOWS TO ‘PROTECT’ WOMEN’S SPORTS AFTER APPEALS COURT HALTS TRANS ATHLETE BAN

Genderless And Handicapped Toilet sign

Massapequa filed a federal lawsuit against the student’s parents, the commissioner and other state officials after its policy was blocked.

Rosa’s order said the outcome in that case could have implications for Locust Valley’s policy.

The Locust Valley School Board said it is “navigating a complex and evolving legal landscape shaped by federal and state mandates” and “pursuing further legal counsel” following the commissioner’s order.

Intersex and trans pride flags

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

In justifying the policy, district officials have pointed to Title IX, which prohibits sex-based discrimination in education, and an executive order signed by President Donald Trump earlier this year, which declared male and female as the only two sexes and warned that federal funds “shall not be used to promote gender ideology.”

But state officials contend that New York’s laws allow transgender students to access restrooms and locker rooms that match their gender identity.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Iran’s military is built to survive, not win a conventional war, analysts say

Dolphins coach mulls benching Tua Tagovailoa amid QB’s struggles

President Donald Trump receives prayer from Iowa restaurant patron

My son is dying — families like mine can’t afford FDA delays and red tape

Arkansas mayor who was praised as youngest black mayor accused of inappropriate Snapchat messages with 14-year-old boy

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article ‘Whacko Walz’ Panics as Minnesota Braces for ICE Storm, Homan Says ‘Focus is There’ [WATCH] ‘Whacko Walz’ Panics as Minnesota Braces for ICE Storm, Homan Says ‘Focus is There’ [WATCH]
Next Article DHS slams Newsom over illegal alien accused in death of 11-year-old boy on Thanksgiving DHS slams Newsom over illegal alien accused in death of 11-year-old boy on Thanksgiving
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Ilhan Omar Blames Trump as House Probe Expands Into Her Ties to Massive Minnesota Fraud
Ilhan Omar Blames Trump as House Probe Expands Into Her Ties to Massive Minnesota Fraud
Politics
Meta Cuts 8,000 Jobs, AI to Blame
Meta Cuts 8,000 Jobs, AI to Blame
Politics
Human Composting Sites May Be Coming To A City Near You
Human Composting Sites May Be Coming To A City Near You
Politics
GOA Argues ATF’s Record Rules Barely a Good Start
GOA Argues ATF’s Record Rules Barely a Good Start
News
Former Florida pastor who apologized to gays for conversion therapy caught in child sex sting, police say
Former Florida pastor who apologized to gays for conversion therapy caught in child sex sting, police say
News
Ella Langley gives fans behind-the-scenes look at her ACM Awards night
Ella Langley gives fans behind-the-scenes look at her ACM Awards night
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?