By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Ilhan Omar Blames Trump as House Probe Expands Into Her Ties to Massive Minnesota Fraud
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > Politics > Ilhan Omar Blames Trump as House Probe Expands Into Her Ties to Massive Minnesota Fraud
Politics

Ilhan Omar Blames Trump as House Probe Expands Into Her Ties to Massive Minnesota Fraud

Jim Taft
Last updated: May 20, 2026 11:10 pm
By Jim Taft 5 Min Read
Share
Ilhan Omar Blames Trump as House Probe Expands Into Her Ties to Massive Minnesota Fraud
SHARE

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., denied having knowledge of the massive Feeding Our Future fraud scandal in Minnesota, issuing a statement Wednesday as critics continue pressing her for answers about her possible connections to the case, as reported by Fox News.

Omar’s statement came amid scrutiny over the Feeding Our Future scandal, which cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars and involved federal nutrition programs meant to feed children.

The Minnesota congresswoman rejected claims that she knew about the scheme and pointed to the Trump administration’s role in the passage and rollout of the law tied to the program.

Here’s What They’re Not Telling You About Your Retirement

“Any claim that I had knowledge of this scheme is flat-out false,” Omar said in a written statement to Fox News Digital on Wednesday.

“The MEALS Act was signed into law by President Trump and passed with bipartisan support as part of a broader legislative package. Trump’s USDA Secretary set the regulatory framework during the rollout of the program. I have always championed feeding kids and will continue to ensure our children do not go hungry.”

Omar said that after the fraud became public, she called for answers from federal officials.

Omar went on to say that the “moment this fraud came to light,” she “immediately sent a letter to the USDA Secretary demanding answers and accountability.”

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

“As I stated from the beginning, stealing millions of dollars under the guise of feeding hungry children to bankroll lavish lifestyles and extravagant expenses is reprehensible,” Omar said.

“I’m grateful that Aimee Bock and every individual involved in this abhorrent scheme are being held accountable for defrauding taxpayers and betraying vulnerable children.”

Omar’s comments follow questions from critics about her knowledge of and possible links to the scandal.

The Minnesota House Fraud Prevention and State Agency Oversight Committee invited Omar to testify about what she knew, but the committee said she did not respond.

That led to an effort to subpoena information from her, though Democrats on the committee blocked the move.

Last week, the committee released its final report, accusing Gov. Tim Walz’s administration of creating a “culture of tolerance” that allowed fraudsters to steal billions in taxpayer dollars overall.

The report criticized Omar and her MEALS Act, which was implemented into the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.

According to the report, the law “took the guardrails off” federal nutrition programs by allowing for-profit restaurants to participate and permitting “grab-and-go” flexibilities that made it difficult to verify whether children were being fed through the Feeding Our Future program.

State Rep. Kristin Robbins, the Republican chair of the committee, has said Congress should act to enforce the subpoena and seek additional answers related to Omar’s alleged association with convicted fraudsters, her public promotion of a Minneapolis restaurant later linked to the program, and records of communications and meetings involving the Minnesota Department of Education and constituents.

Robbins responded to Omar’s statement by saying Omar acted only after the scandal became public.

“She only sent a letter once the fraud was exposed,” Robbins told Fox News Digital in response to Omar’s statement.

“Prior to that, she sent letters urging the administration to keep the waivers in place — allowing the fraud to continue. Sounds like revisionist history. I don’t buy it at all.”

Earlier this month, Fox News Digital reported that a former Omar staffer sent an email to the committee pointing to Trump’s USDA during his first term and downplaying the possible negative impact of Omar’s MEALS Act legislation.

Omar is also facing a new investigation by the House Ethics Committee into her finances after a change in her financial disclosures sharply reduced her family’s reported wealth from up to $30 million to less than $100,000.

Fox News Digital reported that it reached out to the White House and USDA for comment.

Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.


The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Video Blows ‘Peaceful Pretti Protester’ Narrative to Bits

‘Only Doing It For PR Purposes’: Ilhan Omar Says ‘No Justification’ For Trump Admin’s Somali Fraud Crackdown

NYC Diamond District Jeweler Says Viral Brawl Began After Customer Was Ripped Off for $22,000 [WATCH]

Senate Confirms Markwayne Mullin as DHS Chief Despite Democrat Resistance [WATCH]

Nurse Killed at Workplace as Police Investigate Apparent Murder-Suicide in New Jersey

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article Meta Cuts 8,000 Jobs, AI to Blame Meta Cuts 8,000 Jobs, AI to Blame
Next Article Sheryl Crow Drops Emotional Bombshell About Lance Armstrong During Cancer Battle [WATCH] Sheryl Crow Drops Emotional Bombshell About Lance Armstrong During Cancer Battle [WATCH]
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Sheryl Crow Drops Emotional Bombshell About Lance Armstrong During Cancer Battle [WATCH]
Sheryl Crow Drops Emotional Bombshell About Lance Armstrong During Cancer Battle [WATCH]
Politics
Meta Cuts 8,000 Jobs, AI to Blame
Meta Cuts 8,000 Jobs, AI to Blame
Politics
Human Composting Sites May Be Coming To A City Near You
Human Composting Sites May Be Coming To A City Near You
Politics
GOA Argues ATF’s Record Rules Barely a Good Start
GOA Argues ATF’s Record Rules Barely a Good Start
News
Former Florida pastor who apologized to gays for conversion therapy caught in child sex sting, police say
Former Florida pastor who apologized to gays for conversion therapy caught in child sex sting, police say
News
Ella Langley gives fans behind-the-scenes look at her ACM Awards night
Ella Langley gives fans behind-the-scenes look at her ACM Awards night
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?