By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Reading: Boelter Pleads Guilty In Deal To Avoid Death Penalty For Minnesota Murders
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Concealed RepublicanConcealed Republican
  • News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns
  • Politics
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Concealed Republican > Blog > Politics > Boelter Pleads Guilty In Deal To Avoid Death Penalty For Minnesota Murders
Politics

Boelter Pleads Guilty In Deal To Avoid Death Penalty For Minnesota Murders

Jim Taft
Last updated: June 12, 2026 1:06 am
By Jim Taft 4 Min Read
Share
Boelter Pleads Guilty In Deal To Avoid Death Penalty For Minnesota Murders
SHARE

The man charged with the murder of a Minnesota lawmaker switched his plea to guilty Thursday in an agreement with federal prosecutors.

Vance Boelter accepted the conditions of a plea arrangement at a Thursday morning hearing, pleading guilty to federal charges in a deal to avoid a death penalty sentence, U.S. Attorney for the District of Minnesota Daniel Rosen announced.

Notably, the decision not to seek the death penalty was first announced by federal prosecutors Wednesday, although the details of the agreement were not disclosed until the following day.

Boelter, 58, was indicted on six federal charges of stalking, murder, and attempted murder in July 2025. According to court documents, Boelter disguised himself as a law enforcement officer on June 14, 2025, and killed Democrat Minnesota House of Representatives Speaker Emerita Melissa Hortman and her husband Mark Hortman. Boelter was also charged with shooting Democrat Minnesota State Senator John Hoffman and his wife Yvette Hoffman and an attempted shooting of their daughter Hope Hoffman.

Boelter previously pled not guilty to the charges. (RELATED: ‘Righteous Anger’: Vance Responds To Horrific Video Of Stabbing Victim Being Arrested)

In addition to federal charges, Boelter also faces state charges from Hennepin County for two counts of first-degree premeditated murder, four counts of attempted first-degree murder, felony animal cruelty, and impersonating a police officer.

The jury approved Boelter’s plea deal, which recommends two consecutive life sentences followed by 40 years in exchange for the government not seeking the death penalty. The plea agreement subjects Boelter to the longest possible prison term on all counts.

Rosen held a press conference a few hours after the hearing and clarified that the agreement given to Boelter “was the only circumstance under which the death penalty was off the table.”

“We certainly believe that this case as charged […] was certainly death-penalty-eligible and we would have prevailed in that ultimately in the courts,” Rosen told reporters. “But the truth is, when you have a defendant that is prepared to plead guilty to consecutive life terms plus, to ensure that he never sees freedom again in his entire life, that was an opportunity that we just could not […] pass up.”

Rosen also clarified that “the federal prosecution is separate from the state prosecution,” meaning the federal courts have no involvement in how the state of Minnesota chooses to sentence Boelter.

A spokesperson for the Department of Justice (DOJ) told the Daily Caller, “Bringing justice to the families and loved ones of victims of violence is the number one priority of the Department of Justice. Prosecutors worked hard on this case to make sure he was held accountable to the fullest extent possible.”

A letter written by Boelter at the time of the murders alleged that Democrat Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz solicited his help to assassinate Democratic Minnesota Sens. Tina Smith and Amy Klobuchar, according to the Minnesota Star Tribune. (RELATED: Alleged Shooter’s Manifesto Included DEI Self-Audit Before Attack On Trump Officials)

The Hoffman family filed a lawsuit against Boelter, charging him with “assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence and negligence per se,” CBS News reported. Hoffman and his wife were present for the Thursday hearing, along with the Hortmans’ two children.

Boelter’s final sentencing is expected to take place before the end of July.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Supreme Court Shoots Down Trump’s Birthright Citizenship Order

The Emotional Displacement of Losing a Part of Your Community

Victor Wembanyama, San Antonio Spurs Agree to $252 Million Max Extension

Police Warn of Violent Summer Ahead as Los Angeles Street Takeovers Turn Deadly

Major Player in Massive Minnesota Feeding Our Future Fraud Caught in Somalia [WATCH]

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Print
Previous Article SAF Warns Virgin Islands Lawmakers to Back Off on Gun Control Push SAF Warns Virgin Islands Lawmakers to Back Off on Gun Control Push
Next Article I Am Lovin’ Me European Soccer Fans I Am Lovin’ Me European Soccer Fans
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

Allie Beth Stuckey responds to AOC blaming ‘hysteria’ for women having kids young
Allie Beth Stuckey responds to AOC blaming ‘hysteria’ for women having kids young
News
DOJ opens Title VI probe of William & Mary race-based scholarships
DOJ opens Title VI probe of William & Mary race-based scholarships
News
DOL takes action after Sara Gonzales’ latest exposé of alleged H-1B fraud: ‘Walls are closing in, Mohammad’
DOL takes action after Sara Gonzales’ latest exposé of alleged H-1B fraud: ‘Walls are closing in, Mohammad’
News
Stephen A Smith calls NABJ award a personal ‘hit job’ on his career
Stephen A Smith calls NABJ award a personal ‘hit job’ on his career
News
MAGA-haters mock Giants quarterback for getting laid out by massive hit
MAGA-haters mock Giants quarterback for getting laid out by massive hit
News
Jordyn Tyson’s hamstring injury could sideline Saints pick 2 months
Jordyn Tyson’s hamstring injury could sideline Saints pick 2 months
News
© 2025 Concealed Republican. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?